Need Help Fuel Pump Wiring XJ6n (2011) Fluctuating Fuel Gauge on Console

Stan3250

When I removed the tank on my wife's XJ6n, I inadvertertently pulled the wiring out of the fuel pump. I had no idea which wiring goes where to repair. There are two plugs with two wires each. I was not sure which wires (1. black & Green 2. Black and Reddish) went with which plugs The wires pulled clean out of the plugs so, I could not tell which was which (the length of wires were very short!!. A green plug and a white plug). I found a photo (see image attached) of the plugs with wires on this forum so I used this as my starting point.
Fuel Pump Plugs.jpeg
Equiped with extra wire to join to the original I "restored" the connection. Presto - the bike started, which I thought was a good sign that I had got it right.
However, I noticed on the console the Fuel Indicator was flashing and fluctuating. So I have obviously got something wrong. Can some one Help?

Much appreciated if you know how to solve this!

Stan

Jerzee55

The Red / Blue wire and Black wire go to power the fuel pump. The Green / White and Black wire go to the fuel sensor. (blacks go to ground).

Stan3250

The Red / Blue wire and Black wire go to power the fuel pump. The Green / White and Black wire go to the fuel sensor. (blacks go to ground).
PS On the "coupler" how do you know which is the earth (ground). I just used the above picture and its orientation as a guide. You may be telling me I have the wires around the wrong way. Which coupler is which ? ie Green coupler is ........ White coupler is.....................??<------ Fuel sensor / Fuel Pump .

Jerzee55

PS On the "coupler" how do you know which is the earth (ground). I just used the above picture and its orientation as a guide. You may be telling me I have the wires around the wrong way. Which coupler is which ? ie Green coupler is ........ White coupler is.....................??<------ Fuel sensor / Fuel Pump .
As it is very cold here at the moment, I cannot photograph which connector goes where... Perhaps someone warmer can lift the rear of the tank up and take a photo for you... Sorry.