Helmet Photos?

MikeN02

got this one:

I bought it on sale at Cycle Gear 2 years ago and its starting to show it age from being a daily commuter regardless of weather.. but now I would rather have a flat black helmet of some sort..
I got that helmet but in blue, my brother has that exact silver helmet.

I went down on my first helmet KBC VR-2 Black, so I bought this helmet for 80 bucks on sale at cycle gear. It's snell and dot approved.

Kleinfalls

Shoei RF-1000 - actually got this at the dealer - it was a floor model - only paid like $270 for it - normally $470

Attachments

arkkornkid

had to go the generic route, I don't have a photo of mine: Scorpion EXO700 Crack Head

I also have a silver Shoei RF1000, but I prefer the Scorpion.

Heineken

Elite Member

arkkornkid

I found that odd, but I never had the chance to wear a Scorpion. Please explain why you like better the Scorpion over the Shoei RF1000?
Maybe the shape of my head? ..... but seriously, don't get me wrong I really like the Shoei, otherwise I wouldn't have shelled out that much $$$ for it. And it is much quieter than the Scorpion.... But the cheek pads lost their firmness very quickly and so I need to replace them and will probably go up a size because it did affect the fit of the helmet overall.

The Scorpion I like mainly for cosmetic reasons. But surprisingly (for the price), the fit is amazing, it's extremely comfortable and has good ventilation. My one complaint is the quick-change mechanism for the visor can be a pain sometimes.

Like all helmets, they each have their good & bad points.... you can't go wrong with either IMO.

Detrich

does the Scorpion blue match Yamaha blue closely? i ordered one, but haven't gotten it yet. am anxious to see how the colors look...

my HJCcl-15 is a "perfect" color match with Yamaha blue. but, the wind noise is so loud over 45+ mph that my ears ring after riding... :(

Detrich

ok, i couldn't seem to find an answer, so i just bit the bullet and bought one to see how it compares. my iPhone camera wasn't good enough to pick up the color difference, but there definitely is a slight difference...

Team Yamaha blue has a metallic, darker purple-ish blue, whereas the Scorpion is a straight metallic blue... (see attached) the difference is mostly negligible- tho it might look more noticeable in the sunlight.

at a glance, tho, the Scorpion is by far a much better helmet than the HJC CL-15... the one i received from compacc.com was obviously a return. the tags were cut off already, the screen sticker bubbled due to being re-fastend crooked- plus it has a few hairline scratches already here and there. but, it's going to get scratched up eventually anyways and not worth the trouble returning it just for a few small things... the built-in sun visor in this thing totally rocks. can't wait to take it out for a spin. maybe tomorrow... :)

arkkornkid

does the Scorpion blue match Yamaha blue closely? i ordered one, but haven't gotten it yet. am anxious to see how the colors look...

my HJCcl-15 is a "perfect" color match with Yamaha blue. but, the wind noise is so loud over 45+ mph that my ears ring after riding... :(
it's pretty much a dead on match, you'll be happy with it.

to cut out most of the wind noise, either wear ear plugs or what I do is keep a couple cotton balls in my vest pocket and tear some off and stuff in my ear as needed. It hardly muffles out the sound but it does disrupt the noise enough that it'll help prevent permanent damage.

the key is protect your hearing.

wtgrant87

My friend has an EXO-1000 that is a perfect yamaha blue match so I know they make the color. I am not sure if it is on the 700 or not.

JonKerr

Elite Member

YamahaChick

Shoei RF-1000 | Camino

Pompatuse

Like most threads, I am late getting to it. Anyway, here is my dome cover. I like things simple.

arkkornkid

just thought I'd throw a real-world pic of mine up since all I had last time was a stock pic.

cavcuz05

got this with a mirror visor

Last edited:

applejax

daytime riding with a mirrored gold shield:

night driving:

Changing the shield on the ICON helmet is a real bish. Its just easier to rock the scorpion when it might get "dark" out, because it has that flip down sun visor.

CrazyCawi

I want the variant sooooooooooo bad sexy helmet