Helmet Photos?

porky45

doesn't surprise me one bit. I used to be a rep for them. I was in the middle of doing a demo and sliced my finger with the petite chef knife. needless to say i sold a set! hah.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed them as well. I too was a rep. :rof:

porky45

it seems as though everyone was a rep for them at one point or another. All i remember is that being 18 fresh out of highschool and not wanting to go to college their $18/hr that they claimed was very enticing... I stuck it out with them for about 2 months and called it quits.

Detrich

for some reason i feel like my helmet (hjc cl-15) makes my head look big and outta proportion to my body... <lol> well, i have helmets for snowboarding and moutain biking and those dont' seem to have this effect... maybe i'm just not used to the size... :p

porky45

for some reason i feel like my helmet (hjc cl-15) makes my head look big and outta proportion to my body... <lol> well, i have helmets for snowboarding and moutain biking and those dont' seem to have this effect... maybe i'm just not used to the size... :p
just about every helmet makes your head look big...unless you're about 220lbs + or have a super thick neck and are ripped.

Heineken

Elite Member

joloy133

The last consideration on buying a helmet is looks. Find those that fit perfect, have the lightest weight, with a visor you like. Then pick the best looking and hope the vents work w/o too much noise, quiet is good. (Find reviews on helmets at webbikeworld and such).

travstoll

Anyone ride with a Bell helmet, or have any insight on them?
The new star that came out a year or so ago is supposed to kick ass and take names...I read a review in sport rider, and they really liked it, even compared it to some of the higher end brands like arai and suomy.

Stay away from bell wally world helmets if that is what you are asking. When it comes to helmets and gear in general, you get what you pay for. I will gladly pay $500 to have a quite, safe, light, and reliable helmet. If you want to wear $60 fulmer and can put up with it, I'll leave that for you to sort out with darwinism...

Last edited:

ladd44

The new star that came out a year or so ago is supposed to kick ass and take names...I read a review in sport rider, and they really liked it, even compared it to some of the higher end brands like arai and suomy.

Stay away from bell wally world helmets if that is what you are asking. When it comes to helmets and gear in general, you get what you pay for. I will gladly pay $500 to have a quite, safe, light, and reliable helmet. If you want to wear $60 fulmer and can put up with it, I'll leave that for you to sort out with darwinism...
Thanks... I was looking at the star and they recently came out with a Bell Vortex and that is what I am having a hard time finding reviews for?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Picked it up last week

Be sure to put some reflective tape stripes on the back of that helmet. It will make it easier for cagers to see your head move and possibly anticipate action or movement on your part.

bjs045

Be sure to put some reflective tape stripes on the back of that helmet. It will make it easier for cagers to see your head move and possibly anticipate action or movement on your part.
Thanks! The Shoei + DOT and model are reflective...but some additional reflective tape would help

Love this Helm BTW

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

Detrich

wow, the hellion looks nice... i was thinking my hjc cl-15 is kinda too plain. but, it's my starter helmet, so i figure i'll look for something better when i upgrade...

Detrich

Does anyone here have a Scorpion EXO-1000 in Apollo Blue (or similar), and if so how does the Scorpion blue match up to the Yamaha FZ6-R blue? Photos would be helpful too.

Thanks! :)

bikerMommy

This is my gear. I love my HJC

Attachments