Hello everybody.

dangerzone

I completed my MSF course last year and my first bike is a used 2009 FZ6R.
I've traveled around 500 miles since then and it's been lots of fun. It can aslo get pretty scary when other drivers are not paying attention or are just plain being numbskulls. That's what got me to join today haha, a cager encounter who was honking behind me as I was making a left turn.
Thanks for listening and letting me vent

abyss1406

Welcome, and please be safe. there is alot of great information on this forum use it to your advantage.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

i like to say that not all cagers are out to get you, however you MUST ride as though they all are. Welcome to the forum, get ready to spend some money when you see the mods you can do for your bike :)

Sage

Thanks guys, everybody brings up a valid point except sage :D. I'll try to stay out of the danger zone
You're in the dangerzone ;), all cagers are out to get you so all you can really do is...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Did we mention gear up? armor jacket, gloves, pants.

Thats all focusing on the bad side though :)
went down a one way canyon road yesterday, first time for that, was really nice to not have to worry about anyone coming over the line. has pretty tight turns and a fabulous view of the ocean. I love riding.

FastFreddy

I remember a large 4x4 coming up behind me when I dared brake because the car ahead was slowing down and turning in front of me. He was fkn aggro. So much so, that I had to let him ahead, then stop beside his window at the next red light. He was all angry and red in the face, then when I said "Do you think about safety ?" He started yelling about how I shouldn't be on road or he'll run me over and that I slowed down earlier. So I said (calmly of course) "Why didn't you see the car with indicator on turning in front of me ? Is getting 2 seconds early to the next red light worth my life to you". He was simply dumb and aggro and his women were the same, I've got some screws loose of course too, so they got all sweaty when I said "how would you like to park now, and I'll get close and aggressive to you to see how you like it ?" He upset me that day, because I could sense he really would run me over without a 2nd thought.

Last week, I was doing 70 in the 70 zone, and this Asian in a Honda came right up close behind me, as soon as he saw the cop with the radar gun, he backed right off though. (thereby proving he was doing it to annoy me purposefully) It'll be a miracle if I ever see a car get fined for tailgating a motorbike.

Anyway, you have to let it all go. Its basically the reptillian brain taking over for most people when they get in a car, they don't think clearly at all.

Last edited:

latony007

I remember a large 4x4 coming up behind me when I dared brake because the car ahead was slowing down and turning in front of me. He was fkn aggro. So much so, that I had to let him ahead, then stop beside his window at the next red light. He was all angry and red in the face, then when I said "Do you think about safety ?" He started yelling about how I shouldn't be on road or he'll run me over and that I slowed down earlier. So I said (calmly of course) "Why didn't you see the car with indicator on turning in front of me ? Is getting 2 seconds early to the next red light worth my life to you". He was simply dumb and aggro and his women were the same, I've got some screws loose of course too, so they got all sweaty when I said "how would you like to park now, and I'll get close and aggressive to you to see how you like it ?" He upset me that day, because I could sense he really would run me over without a 2nd thought.

Last week, I was doing 70 in the 70 zone, and this Asian in a Honda came right up close behind me, as soon as he saw the cop with the radar gun, he backed right off though. (thereby proving he was doing it to annoy me purposefully) It'll be a miracle if I ever see a car get fined for tailgating a motorbike.

Anyway, you have to let it all go. Its basically the reptillian brain taking over for most people when they get in a car, they don't think clearly at all.
you give people too much credit, assuming they only turn into reptilian assholes when they get behind the wheel. If a dude is acting like this guy did behind the wheel i guarantee you 100% he was just as big an ahole not behind the wheel. Society is all about Me and screw you now adays, obviously not everyone but its tipped over 50% so it seems like everyone. This is where the big city doesnt help either, population so high that people figure they will never see you again and can be a complete jerk. If it was someone you knew you were going to have to see around town every once in a while like in the old days people might be less likely to be a complete D head.

jarshie

i like to say that not all cagers are out to get you, however you MUST ride as though they all are. Welcome to the forum, get ready to spend some money when you see the mods you can do for your bike :)
Oh, my wallet knows this all too well! >_<

D52

I completed my MSF course last year and my first bike is a used 2009 FZ6R.
I've traveled around 500 miles since then and it's been lots of fun. It can aslo get pretty scary when other drivers are not paying attention or are just plain being numbskulls. That's what got me to join today haha, a cager encounter who was honking behind me as I was making a left turn.
Thanks for listening and letting me vent
I just recently read that Pittsburgh drivers are among the most courteous in the country... unless of course there's traffic, rain, snow, sun, or darkness, then the courteousness goes right out the window along with their competence. And dare I even bring up their reactions to those evil, scary tunnel monsters... :eek:

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying your bike. I live just outside of Pittsburgh if you are ever up for a ride.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

D52

We'll have to get a PA ride together later this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I would definitely be interested in that. Maybe somewhere in the middle of the state...?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member