Got home last night with a naked italian girl

Chevyfazer

Don't it have the same engine as the multistrada? I rode one of those on sport mode and yeah HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! Nothing compares to a big Twin with that much hp on tap

mikebaileyvienna

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Poll:

How many of us think of the Fz6R as a steppingstone to...

a) a cruiser
b) a liter sportbike
c) a 600cc supersport
d) a touring bike like a BMW or a V-Strom
e) a freak like the diavel (name your freak)
f) Fz6R bone stock forever
g) Fz6R with monthly wild mods to jack the horsepower, cornering, or look

I'm 2 months into FZ6R ownership, and loving it totally, but maybe I'm love the idea of all of these options as my next bike. Your thoughts...

Probably a good idea for a new thread...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Superzoom

Congrats on the new ride! I love all kinds of bikes but this is one bike I could never wrap my head around. What I mean by that is what exactly is it supposed to be? A cruiser, a muscle bike, a hot rod, a sports touring bike, or all of the above? I love Ducati, I mean who doesn't right but I can't understand why the "Ferrari" of the bike world would make a cruiser, even if it is the badest cruiser of them all.

Don't get me wrong I love the bike just never under stood why they made it. To me it would be like Ferrari making a minivan, no doubt it would be the fastest and badest minivan ever but why would they want to do it?

You're definitely not the only person to be confused by the Diavel. But the bottom line is that the bike is a huge hit, especially in Europe. It's basically a power cruiser that is extremely light for the class and handles quite well, so it's pretty much reinvented the power cruiser class. The Yamaha V-Max, which once upon a time owned the power cruiser class, was never meant to do anything except be really quick in a straight line.

Europeans like bikes that go fast and quick and handle well. Style seems not as important as handling and practicality, based on the popularity of nakeds in Europe. The Diavel is a rider's cruiser, if there can be such a thing. Europeans seem to be real riders, as opposed to poseurs (not to say that people who love cruisers are poseurs, I don't mind cruisers).

danieljardim

You're definitely not the only person to be confused by the Diavel. But the bottom line is that the bike is a huge hit, especially in Europe. It's basically a power cruiser that is extremely light for the class and handles quite well, so it's pretty much reinvented the power cruiser class. The Yamaha V-Max, which once upon a time owned the power cruiser class, was never meant to do anything except be really quick in a straight line.

Europeans like bikes that go fast and quick and handle well. Style seems not as important as handling and practicality, based on the popularity of nakeds in Europe. The Diavel is a rider's cruiser, if there can be such a thing. Europeans seem to be real riders, as opposed to poseurs (not to say that people who love cruisers are poseurs, I don't mind cruisers).

I see as a cruiser with a sports bike soul. It is light comparing to regular cruiser i think has only 450 pounds. I guess the call a cruiser because the wheel base, but the way it rides and handles. Has nothing of a cruiser on it. Imo

Superzoom

I think Ducati made the Diavel just as a F.U. to HD. As in, "If we wanted to, we could totaly p0wn you."

I actually think it's more of like pulling a power wheelie in front of the entire motorcycle industry (Japanese and American alike), showing that they have the guts to build something like the Diavel. I think HD and the Japanese could quite easily build something equivalent to the Diavel, but they had neither the balls nor the foresight. They also don't have the cachet of the Ducati name, which undoubtedly has something to do with the bike's success.

Myself, I really like the idea of the bike and the technological execution. As far as aesthetics go, I think it's two or three tweaks away from being a good looking bike. It's just a little bit weird in the headlight and tank/radiator bodywork for my tastes. I think the pipes and the stance are great. If I could afford one, I'd customize it to look a little less weird.

Brilliant bike, regardless.

Fizzer6R

totally jealous of the bike! first pics of it i wasn't sold, then saw one in person and wow it screams customize me. dealer has a demo and refuse as i know what will happen...

wish duc would make a cheaper version of it. good thing is, lots of guys will buy these and hardly ride em, so like new used ones will be popping up in the years to come. can't wait:sinister:

danieljardim

totally jealous of the bike! first pics of it i wasn't sold, then saw one in person and wow it screams customize me. dealer has a demo and refuse as i know what will happen...

wish duc would make a cheaper version of it. good thing is, lots of guys will buy these and hardly ride em, so like new used ones will be popping up in the years to come. can't wait:sinister:

I have to agree. she looks a lot better in person.

danieljardim

Just got a new bike.

It's the diavel on the SPORT mode. Holy Sh&$%&%&^$%R^#$%.

It's incredible. If you don't hug her on take off. She will leave you behind. I guarantee if I didn't have the Traction Control on I would be wheeling this thing on every red light.

I got here at work about 1 hour ago and could't get the grim out of my face yet.

I'm still with a little adrenaline rush. As soon as I can I'll post a video.

In the mean time I got a couple of beauty shots last night (I'm still learning how to play with these effect thing, pictures are not the greatest)

picture.php

picture.php

Note: Marthy, if you ever have a chance to road test your neighbors bike again, make sure you ride on sport. But be aware of the devil (like they say on the diavel forum) if you road test it. You will sign the check. ;)