gears wont engage at high rpms

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

The Spin Doctor

One other suggestion - the gear shift linkage is assembled nearly dry (at least it was on my XJ6). Try removing the linkage and greasing the pivot points. I had this problem 20 years ago with an FZ750 which was 'notorious' with the press for having a clunky gearchange. A bit of grease and both bike shift a lot more smoothly for less effort with the foot.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Roaddawg

I'm going to try this first Monday and if no change it's going back.

Question.. Do dealers charge hourly for warranty work? Just so I know not to be screwed.
You shouldn't be charged anything if its covered by the warranty.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

elishatarvin

Service manual states 10-15mm of clutch free play. Also, do u shift using 2 or 4 fingers. Sometimes if shifting with 2 and with too much free play u cant pull in the lever enough to fully disengage the clutch. Just some thoughts

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Spunky99

So the bike had been at the dealer for a week now. I've not heard anything back as of yet. Kinda nervous. It's obvious there was a problem.
Glad it's under warranty. Having it gone so long just sucks tho....
Have you called them to get details on what is wrong and how long before it's back in your hands?

Reactions: JSP

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Did they divulge on what the "issue" was?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Put it to the man!! :spank:

Let us know what comes of your little chat.

bjs045

trust me bro...I know how you feel! First time the bike was in for 47 days and the last was 35ish days...i stopped counting/caring.

Definitely look into motorcycle lemon law for your state. It's a slow and long process though.

Best of luck!