FZ6R or managers CBR600RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennis09

Hey guys, I know this is a FZ6R website/Forum lol.. But I'm in the market of getting a new bike.. And I can pick up a 2012 FZ6R Raven edition for 8200 out the door, 72 months 3.5% interest rate, at 126$ a month, insurance is a little high with state farm, at 126$ a month.. It's either that bike or the managers 2006 CBR600RR for 6,000 out the door with only 2k miles? I'm only debating the decision because the way the FZ6R's handlebars are, kinda pushes me away.. Is there a way to install bars on it sorta likea super sport bike? Please let me know oyu guys's thoughts.

yes they are caled clip-ons. Go with the fz6r, its 6 years newer. The bike has more power for the street and twisties than you can imagine. Plus if u want the racing feel but a forgiving bike just put rear sets on and the clipons and your good to go

Wow no kidding? This will be my first street bike, I race competetive in dirt bikes.. I didn't know the FZ6R has power similiar to a cbr600... And yes, the FZ6R brand new, only 8200 out the door is amazing, and that's the Raven edition looks beautiful, where can i find the clip ons for the handlebars?

Wow no kidding? This will be my first street bike, I race competetive in dirt bikes.. I didn't know the FZ6R has power similiar to a cbr600... And yes, the FZ6R brand new, only 8200 out the door is amazing, and that's the Raven edition looks beautiful, where can i find the clip ons for the handlebars?

If this is your first streetbike the fz6r will do EVERYTHING you need +more. Remember, rider skill isnt defined by # of CC's. You probably know and understand that from the racing world. You will absolutely love the fz6r.

here are the clip ons

Apex Clip-on Sets - Apex Manufacturing

also please watch this video....this should help make that descision
Its a direct comparison between the fz6r and supersport bikes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUecmpzZ88&feature=related]Is a Supersport right for you? - YouTube[/ame]

The honda is 90$.. And it's due to the fact it's a 2012.. I was going to go with a Ninja 250R.. And that was 50$ on insurance and 90$ a month.. Sucks =\.. I only quoeted with state farm though, I am going to try other places.

And yes, I've watched that video.. I was set on the FZ6R.. The guy at the dealership said it's an amazing bike, and if I want speed it does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, which is breath taking.. ONLY thing I didnt like was the handle bars.. And that link you sent me with the handle bars looks confusing lol.

Why buy a bike and then right away want to change it into what the CBR already is? I'd get the cbr.

And after the fz6r runs out of steam the cbr will keep going and slaughter it.

Haha, that's a good way to put it.. I just really wanted a 012 with 0 miles, unmolested. But I will be riding to work/ and around town.. I won't be doing any top speed runs or etc.. So I figured the FZ6R bars for now will accutally be fine.. They seem so compfortable for what I'll be doing, my father and I will be doing long trips.. So I'm starting to think those super sport handle bars wouldn't be good for what im going to be doing.

Why buy a bike and then right away want to change it into what the CBR already is? I'd get the cbr.

And after the fz6r runs out of steam the cbr will keep going and slaughter it.

its his first streetbike and the forgiving factor of the fz6r could be the difference between riding next year or not.

Haha, that's a good way to put it.. I just really wanted a 012 with 0 miles, unmolested. But I will be riding to work/ and around town.. I won't be doing any top speed runs or etc.. So I figured the FZ6R bars for now will accutally be fine.. They seem so compfortable for what I'll be doing, my father and I will be doing long trips.. So I'm starting to think those super sport handle bars wouldn't be good for what im going to be doing.

now your thinkin :)

at 126$ a month, insurance is a little high with state farm, at 126$ a month..

Unless you are a teenager or your deductible is really low, I find that too high.

Insurance varies from State to State but I think that for the fz6r, 40 to 50 a month is more reasonable.

Unless you are a teenager or your deductible is really low, I find that too high.

Insurance varies from State to State but I think that for the fz6r, 40 to 50 a month is more reasonable.

I pay $38 :D

Get something comfortable. Super Sport Bikes are for the track, plus insurance is insane.

The fz6r is a fantastic bike. If you really want more power and not a liter bike, check the Street Triple. But the Yamaha is a great overall bike and good value for the price .

Yeah I'm 20 years old, I'll be 21 in October.

That's the reason :D ... but don't be part of statistics, ride safe, don't speed, wear helmet and gear. A helmet saved my life past Wed when I hit the pavement, back of my head.

Take MSF course if you haven't . You will love the fz6r and your wallet too, lol ..

Yeah I wanna take a course but their all filled untill August late, and I'm getting the bike Tuesday, so I'm going Tuesday to get my permit, with the wirtten test, and are going to ride with my buddy who has his endorsement, and after a month of that, take the Road test, I hope it's not hard :(

Yeah I wanna take a course but their all filled untill August late, and I'm getting the bike Tuesday, so I'm going Tuesday to get my permit, with the wirtten test, and are going to ride with my buddy who has his endorsement, and after a month of that, take the Road test, I hope it's not hard :(

Its not if you practice a bit. If your friend pressures you in any way to ride stupid, we will direct you in safe riding habits and give you any advice you need to stay safe but to have a blast. We are all very well versed with our bikes and other bikes as well, we just want to see you have fun,be safe, & pass your test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back