FZ6R in Super Street Bikes Magazine

F

FZ6R_Blue

This is a great segment on the Fz6r it shows that the bike can hang with the bigger bikes but it doesn't have to

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Gilbuddy

Look quite drastic to me. I did about 6mm down and I felt like it was enough. Maybe I should try a bit more.
I started by dropping it only 10mm and could feel a clear improvement with that. Now that I'm at 1", I'm thinking of backing it off a little (maybe to .75") and see if I can find a sweet spot.

Jots S.R.M.C.

Nice article on our beloved ride... :D

Yamaha FZ6R Sportbike - Super Streetbike Magazine

:iconbeer:
When I hear people call the FZ6R a beginner bike.. I laugh. Then again read below..

The FZ6 Is a AWESOME Street-bike.. (Street) - Not Track! I honestly would never buy a ZX-10 Or a R1 For the street.. That is silly in my opinion.. I hope to one day beable to harness either on a track.. It is FAST in the right hands, and the right mods.. Get a Race Tek Cartiage emulator I CANT BELIEVE The magazine didn't install that.. ITS A NO-BRAINER!!!!!... What's funny is I haven't thought of lowering the tripple.. i am going to do that this weekend and see the diff. It's definitely going to shorten how tall it sits after that..

I guess what im trying to get at is.. The FZ6-r is more then capable of being a ANY use bike. and I have hit the track on mine.. I would do great in a 600 class.. But do to the fact i'd lose time in the straights overall couldnt compete to top of the like Super sport bikes totally tricked out.. Other than that.. I am going to finnish top 10 for sure out of 50

Underestimating things gets you killed.. Anything can get you killed... Remember Indian Larry (OLD Bike builder/stunter) from a 5mph motorcycle stunt

I see some sillyness in that article.. They install a full system and they don't put in a juice box? or a PC3? (remember the intake in the fz6r is basically the same as a K&N high flow intake system)- So there is no need in going K&N.. Stock is perfectly fine for this bike.- And they didn't install carditge emulators? Which are cheap and add PHENOMENAL response..

I mean they basicaly need to go all out.. Velocity stacks, PC3, Juice, Full System Exhaust- i wouldnt of gone with 2.. Though its good.. Theres a cheaper version that gives more power ill link it when i find it.. Hel you wanna go crazy- you could change the whole intake and cam on it and you got a R6.. The exhaust output is the same so I don't see why not, maybe there will be some gas/intake changes in SPRAY.. Definitly.. But besides that.. They went that far, why not finnish?

Found the exhaust..

m4 exhaust system - My buddy ran his on the dyno and gained 6 hp With a Juice box- The two brothers is more like 3.5-4.5 HP
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6s7yjOoRNM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLECDE29950F7FAEBB"]2009 FZ6R - YouTube[/ame]

Remember.. M4 Exhaust's are designed for TRACK USE.. (ONLY) - As most others Yoshi's and 2brothers oviously do say track use but they are no doubtly designed for Streets.. Just looking at design.. and the shape of the pipes tell you right away what they are designed for

Sorry for the edits im a horrible speller and my grammar could use some learning ;)

Last edited:

Vulpine

My Woodcraft clip-ons arrived today. I'll try and install them this weekend. I measured them and the forks will have to come up at least 1.5 inches. I have them raised 1 inch with drag bars tilted down right now. I'll post pics soon.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Vulpine

All I need to say is FZ6 Cams! I have PCV, Marthy Viper Exhaust and the FZ6 Cams and the mid range is mind blowing for a 600. I went for a nice ride tonight and fix the little flat spot on the map, mostly on the bottom end for drivability. I'll be busy next week at work but I want to get my ride on the Dyno ASAP to check some numbers and most than likely Dyno tune the bike.

No flat spot, no exhaust popping just perfect... like the bike should have been delivered!
Cool, I look forward to seeing those numbers. Thanks.

BoneJj

All I need to say is FZ6 Cams! I have PCV, Marthy Viper Exhaust and the FZ6 Cams and the mid range is mind blowing for a 600. I went for a nice ride tonight and fix the little flat spot on the map, mostly on the bottom end for drivability. I'll be busy next week at work but I want to get my ride on the Dyno ASAP to check some numbers and most than likely Dyno tune the bike.

No flat spot, no exhaust popping just perfect... like the bike should have been delivered!
very intriguing...... I'd like to see what kind of numbers you can pull out of it as well.

So I've had my front end lowered about 2 1/4" for 2 weeks now and have noticed that it likes to hit turns a lot easier. Also, this past weekend had my first ride with speeds in the triple digits and I haven't noticed any shaking. So overall, I am happy with how low I went. :D

BoneJj

So I've had my front end lowered about 2 1/4" for 2 weeks now and have noticed that it likes to hit turns a lot easier. Also, this past weekend had my first ride with speeds in the triple digits and I haven't noticed any shaking. So overall, I am happy with how low I went. :D
So at the higher position you were having issues with some shaking at triple digit speeds? Is that what you are saying?

Vulpine

If you do a search for Woodcraft Clip-Ons you'll find a review I posted. I lowered the front a little over 1.5 inches. The handling is superb and the clip-ons really look great.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Vulpine

No. I was very concerned at first so I lowered it a little at a time just to be safe. Now I can't believe I waited so long. It really feels like a different bike. You're bike looks awesome by the way.

kevin8198

Elite Member