FZ6R in Super Street Bikes Magazine

Bay area rider

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

Did you all see the amount of fork drop they did?

OMG.........

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

Ya..I pulled that pic from the article.....I'm amazed they went that far.....

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

Vulpine

I want to lower my forks so bad!! That is definitely the next thing for me.
I read the magazine and thought I'd try the "free mod". I lowered my front just one inch to see if there would be any headshake at speed. After a month of steady five day commutes- I haven't had any issues at all. The bikes response to my input is great. I have the FZ1 drag bar on my bike right now, however I'm going to order the Woodcraft clip ons and hopefully get them installed within the next few weeks. The Woodcrafts will require I lower the front 1.5 inches. I will post a thread plus pics when it is all done.

Gilbuddy

I lowered my front end a full inch and I can believe how much easier it turns in now. So far no headshake either but I haven't really had it above 70 since making the mod.

swatguy

I also took a stab at the mod. Inch for me as well. It was a noticeable difference in the turns. Rolls in so easily now. Glad I got to try it out here with unseasonably warm temps. Great mod.

I did the same, although I dropped it about 2 inches. Looks so much more aggressive and it does seem to like to turn a lot easier. Haven't noticed any negative effects yet.

kevin8198

Elite Member
It was raining today, so took the teggy to work. Will post some pics when I get home. I rode to a friend's house and he didn't think it was the same bike. lol

kevin8198

Elite Member
Did you do it or did you have someone do it for you? If you did it will you please let me know how, I really want to do it myself and get it done sometime soon. Thanks:D
My buddy and I did the work ourselves. Kinda redneck style. We put a floor jack under the header area (just for support). Then loosened the 4 bolts on the trees (1 on each side, upper and lower trees). Got it to the right drop height, and used a level on the gas tank to ensure they were even along with a ruler to double check.

Once it was level, I held the bike straight and he tightened the bolts back up. That was it, took 10-15 minutes.

Attachments

Last edited:

swatguy

I did mine kind of backyard garage style. Just loosened the bottom fork allen bolts then broke the seal on the top bolts and loosened them just a tounch so a litlle pressure woud slide the forks down through the clamp. Be sure not to loosen it too much so they sink all the way down. I am sure it would be a pain to get them back up. Just took my time and measured at least 4-5 times to be sure. I only did one inch. I am debating on doing adjustable clip ons over the top after this mod for sure. Especially possibly knowing you can go 2 inches. I haven't had it on highway yet which is 45miles one way to work for me though.

Here are the pics. I am considering buying a new bike.....R6S or possibly a CBR600RR. However everytime i snap a pic or take a look I say maybe not.:D

Can't figure out how to get the pic to show up bigger. Sorry...if you right click it it will show up bigger in a new tab

2012-01-09_16-07-58_633.jpg

2012-01-09_16-08-18_344.jpg

2012-01-09_16-08-39_330.jpg

2012-01-09_16-08-29_88.jpg

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

wtnotch

I did mine kind of backyard garage style. Just loosened the bottom fork allen bolts then broke the seal on the top bolts and loosened them just a tounch so a litlle pressure woud slide the forks down through the clamp. Be sure not to loosen it too much so they sink all the way down. I am sure it would be a pain to get them back up.
If the bike has a center stand, you can just do 1 side at a time. After loosening the bolts on one side, just grab the fork tube between the upper and lower triple clamps, and twist the fork tube while pushing in the direction you want it to go. You can probably do it with just the side stand as well, i just haven't done it that way yet.

Russ