leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

rregal

FZ1 Handlebars

Can you post a picture of FZ1 Handlebars on a FZ6R turned at full sweep? I like to get an idea of how much clearance from the fairing.

Don't think they would, at full lock the levers would hit the fairing near the mirrors.

I bought mine off of yamahaofsi.com for $30

wtnotch

i have a set of those bars off a parts bike of mine, im trying to get rid of them lol
Funny! I had them on for a while, and with the pegs moved to their furthest up and back position, the riding position was pretty aggressive. I had the same bars on a Ducati a while back and like them. My latest thing is converting my FZ6R to a naked bike and I stuck some Rizoma bars on. So far I like the current setup the best, and my Surburban Machine bars are now for sale too. LOL

Russ

bleedinblue

Elite Member

wtnotch

Take a good look at the last picture in post # 12.Next to the black control housing you will see a small hole for a nipple on the back of the control housing to catch.I think its what was mentioned.

But I think others just used a razor to slice the nipple off, instead of drilling a new hole into the handlebars.

+1 on the slice the nipple off instead. The problem with drilling the hole is that the controls position on the bars is fixed. You can't rotate the bars without rotating the controls, and that can put the controls in some pretty uncomfortable positions. If you cut the nipple, the bars can be rotated independent of the controls and you can get everything to fit 'just right' ;)

Russ

linkgt

Just did this mod today and also took my bike out for the first time this year. It feels great so far! thanks for the guide.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Alex6

Digging up the old thread, thinking to swap the stock handlebars with the FZ1's. Will the left grip gets destroyed during the removal and I will to get a replacement? Any recommendations? I am fine with the stock grips.
Thx!

BradSPE

Nope, I just used some WD-40 and wedged the spray tube down the side and sprayed away. Came right off, no damage.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chucker

I just used a screwdriver and had no problems. I hope you like the FZ1 bars as much as I do!

linkgt

Digging up the old thread, thinking to swap the stock handlebars with the FZ1's. Will the left grip gets destroyed during the removal and I will to get a replacement? Any recommendations? I am fine with the stock grips.
Thx!
I believe the stock grips should fit. I fitted the OEM fz6r pro grip grips, so i'm assuming the originals will fit as well.

DummySmacks

FZ1 handlebar holes

For those who opted for the FZ1 handlebars, did you need to drill holes for the plastic pegs that's on the controls? I've searched other threads but can't seem to get a definitive answer as to whether or not the holes are needed to hold the controls in place.

Last edited:

Chucker

Had to drill one hole. No big deal.