Fz1 Handlebars=Agressive OEM Fit

cavcuz05

FedEx just delivered these to my house today. I'll try them out this weekend and see if they work. I had the Suburban-Machinery bars on a Ducati Monster a few years ago and loved them.

Russ

yeah let me know i really would like to see theses on the bike

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ministicker

I can confirm the top-heaviness (is that a word? lol) that is very apparent after you mod the handlebars. I'm using 3" apex clipons on top of the tripletree and I definitely feel the weight more than I did before. However, twisties are now 100% more fun for me and the bike is not trying to right itself up every time I make a tight turn.

I sat on an R1 just yesterday and couldn't belive how light it felt compared to the 6r!

Attachments

Briguy453

FedEx just delivered these to my house today. I'll try them out this weekend and see if they work. I had the Suburban-Machinery bars on a Ducati Monster a few years ago and loved them.

Russ

Anyone wanna let us know how these worked?

wtnotch

Anyone wanna let us know how these worked?
Sorry, it's been a busy couple of weeks :)

They fit as long as the risers are in the rear position. In the front position, the brake levers run into the fairing. In the rear position, there's no problems and there's clearance everywhere.

The feeling is completely different and it's a lot easier to move around on the bike when cornering. I had Renthal's low bars on before these and the Suburban Machinery bars are lower, more forward and narrower. Detrich is right on the weight thing. It takes a little more effort to get the bike leaned over, but not enough to be a pain.

Russ

AFDavis11

On the other side of the fence, I'm still looking for some nice ape hangers for the bike.

I'm still having trouble understanding why lower bars make turning feel more confident?

Briguy453

Get some weighted bar ends, that should help a little

Briguy453

You get the Fz1 bars or the fz6 bars

Sorry, it's been a busy couple of weeks :)

They fit as long as the risers are in the rear position. In the front position, the brake levers run into the fairing. In the rear position, there's no problems and there's clearance everywhere.

The feeling is completely different and it's a lot easier to move around on the bike when cornering. I had Renthal's low bars on before these and the Suburban Machinery bars are lower, more forward and narrower. Detrich is right on the weight thing. It takes a little more effort to get the bike leaned over, but not enough to be a pain.

Russ

Captain_Kev

Depending on the tilt of the bars (when in the forward position), my brake lever BARELY hits the fairing at full lock. Not a problem whatsoever, the fairing doesn't have a scratch on it where the lever hits.

I love the way these bars feel, been on about 4 long canyon/mountain rides and the handling feels far more natural and confident in the twisties. The feel may not be right for everyone, but I'm sure some of you will find it superior to the stock bars.

Chucker

Well, after painstaking research, I ordered a set of Yamaha FZ1 bars today. They're lower than the Renthal Ultra Low bars with a little less sweep, and they were 60% of the price. I'll post pics and a review once they're installed.

Thanks Kev. I wouldn't have thought of these had you not started this thread.

darksidefz6r

I have a couple of quick questions. Where are you guys getting the OE style FZ1 bars from, a dealer or online source? Also just curious what these are running people, money wise, in the US.

Chucker

I ordered mine from a Yamaha dealer. They're in stock at the warehouse, so I should have them next week. They're the same model number from 2007 - 2011.

2D1-26111-01-00 HANDLEBAR $30.23 - This is from the Yamaha US website.

www.yamahapartshouse.com

Vulpine

In the quest for the most aggressive riding position possible on this bike (not much to work with...) I installed Bikemaster Superbike bars about 3 months ago. Their quality reflected the $22 price tag, and although the riding position felt better than the stock bars, it was still lacking.

Due to an incredible amount of hot oil spilled by a broken bus 3 weeks ago, these bars were bent considerably in a low speed crash, so I decided to pick up a pair of FZ1 bars for $30 and give em a go.

They are significantly better than the stock or the Bikemaster bars. They have very little sweep to them and lay almost completely flat with virtually no rise (this is with the risers flipped btw). For the first time I feel 100% confident pushing through the twisties here in Colorado... the previous bars never felt quite right and led to hesitation in the corners.

For anyone wishing for a more aggressive riding position, I highly recommend FZ1 bars. Not only are they the quality you've already experienced with the stock bars, but they're OEM Yamaha so everything slides on and fits quite nicely... only one hole to drill and one to plug up with some silicone. Plus they've got the threads for the stock 17mm bar ends, which is really nice :)
Thank you for this post. I placed the FZ1 bars on my bike as well. I plan on getting the Woodcraft bars and place them over the triple, but that'll have to wait till after the holidays. I raised my forks 1 inch and have the bars turned down. I love the more aggresive perch. The bike responds better in many aspects.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

copper-raven

I installed a fz1 bar this weekend and love the way it feels! It should have come with this bar from the factory. I did have to rotate the risers forward for the bar controls to clear the gas tank. I also had to adjust the levers to clear the front fairing. It feels like a totally different bike now