Frame sliders?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
I've got Oggy Knobs and know for a fact that when you crash doing over 90km/h and your bike slides for an eternity, they will save you from a write off!

Shame I couldn't install oggys on my body, would've saved a lot of pain these last few months :p

So yeah highly recommend Oggy Knobs, they are no cut too which I like.

bloodypulp

I've got Oggy Knobs and know for a fact that when you crash doing over 90km/h and your bike slides for an eternity, they will save you from a write off!

Shame I couldn't install oggys on my body, would've saved a lot of pain these last few months :p

So yeah highly recommend Oggy Knobs, they are no cut too which I like.
Isn't that the truth

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

latony007

Well I found out August 5th the OEM sliders kept engine from getting marred up and they didn't snap off

Kat "Tails" Arnold
Nice, I have TREK on mine the ones that taper and they look great, I put some gel Yamaha stickers (kinda like the ones on the tank) on the ends of them and make a difference.

pyratio

T-rex

--Installed these on my 2014. Because the fairing is so loud most ppl don't even notice they are there until I point them out.

09 on TRex Yamaha FZ6R Frame Sliders NO CUT

They had a nicer version at the end of the 2013. They were more cone shaped rather than cylinder and if they get the cones in stock again it'll be easy to change them out because the core parts are the same.

I asked the manufacturer why they changed it and they said old design sold out and they went with this newer design but that the two are identical in performance.

I have install pics and a "How to" in the works.

~p

engineered2win

--Installed these on my 2014. Because the fairing is so loud most ppl don't even notice they are there until I point them out.

09 on TRex Yamaha FZ6R Frame Sliders NO CUT

They had a nicer version at the end of the 2013. They were more cone shaped rather than cylinder and if they get the cones in stock again it'll be easy to change them out because the core parts are the same.

I asked the manufacturer why they changed it and they said old design sold out and they went with this newer design but that the two are identical in performance.

I have install pics and a "How to" in the works.

~p
I was rather skeptical whether they would actually protect the fairings, but I bought them last month anyways thinking eventually something bad will happen. After a break in the weather I took her out yesterday and was practicing some very low speed maneuverability at a school parking lot before going for a 130mile ride. I managed to fubar things by not burning enough speed off with the rear brake in a real tight turn (roughly full lock) so I stupidly grabbed some front brake and dropped it doing all of maybe 2mph. Horrified that I was going to have to kill myself after having damaged a vehicle for the first time ever, I picked it up and the only damage is a scuff on the edge of the frame slider. Nice job Trex!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

engineered2win

Dumb question, but at 2mph why didn't you put your feet down? In MSF low speed maneuvering it happened to everyone at some point having to put a foot down to prevent dropping especially in a figure 8. Glad you didn't hurt yourself or damage your baby. I'm glad to not have tested my sliders yet. My day will come sooner or later. I just hope it's nice and slow like yours and not 75mph on the highway. LOL
I had my foot on the rear brake. It was near full right lock. I tried to catch it by letting out some more on the clutch. Once it started to go I couldn't get my foot down fast enough, so rather than try and catch it and have it land on me or hurt my back I just let gravity do its thing.

fiddles

I spoke to the guys at T-Rex and OES and they both assured me they are no cut for the FZ6R...I am looking to get a pair myself, just can't seem to find any in Canada so it looks like I will have to order from the US...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member