Frame sliders?

S

skyjake

Anyone know if there are any out for the FZ6R so you don't have to cut?
I found:

https://www.stuntsteel.com/store/shogun-sliders/yamaha/pr/shogun-frame-slider-white-fz6r-39-09/prod_46182.html

Limited information as you can see. I just bought Shogun Frame Sliders but haven't been home since they arrived. I know a lot of people get Motovation Sliders. They will run you $70-80. However, someone might have a cheaper price. I don't see Motovation showing this model yet.

Sorry, all I could find... :(

J

jhosler

Yamaha sells them for $109.00. You do have to modify the farings(i.e. drilling a hole).

D

dean2287

I just put on no-cut frame sliders and they seem really good. Super easy to do and they look great. Mine are extended (4"), simple balck.

MNDZA

I just put on no-cut frame sliders and they seem really good. Super easy to do and they look great. Mine are extended (4"), simple balck.
You put them on a FZ6R or are you mistaking this section of the forum for the FZ6 section? If it is for the FZ6R, then please post pics and part numbers.

S

Smittyboy

Look at the left of the screen when he responded... Do you see a full fairing or an "R"...? Not being a D*ck, just saying... Also, I don't know where you'd mount them... The fairing covers the motor mounts doesn't it? Just checked out the R when gettin my baby pretty again. Seemed to cover the bolts, so where'd they mount where you wouldn't have to hack the fairing?

MNDZA

Look at the left of the screen when he responded... Do you see a full fairing or an "R"...? Not being a D*ck, just saying... Also, I don't know where you'd mount them... The fairing covers the motor mounts doesn't it? Just checked out the R when gettin my baby pretty again. Seemed to cover the bolts, so where'd they mount where you wouldn't have to hack the fairing?
What are you getting at? I asked a simple question as to whether he was talking about the FZ6 or FZ6R. A LOT of people have been mistaking the FZ6R part of the forum for the FZ6. NO, I don't see an "R", but maybe he has both bikes. Use some common sense please.

MNDZA

Awesome...does this company make good quality products?

MNDZA

Too late I bought em......

Johnfz6r

I am pretty eager to hear how these turn out. I have been stairing at them for what seems like forever now. I asked the seller to double check and make sure they are for the fz6r. He says they are and the come with instructions and blah blah blah.....
Did you get em yet did you get em yet hu hu hu?

MNDZA

I just got shipping notification

jdesiano1

I saw these to but have always heard they arent to spiffy in a wreck because as opposed to being mounted directly to the frame they are off set with a bracket making them less effective (not as strong). Just what I have heard. Hope you never have to use them.

S

steveindenmark

Yamaha sells them for $109.00. You do have to modify the farings(i.e. drilling a hole).
Don`t buy anything from Yamaha unless you can help it, they just rob you blind. Alernatives are out there somewhere just ask on here.

Steve

MNDZA

I got my bike today with the no-cut frame sliders...they look good and seem to be good quality...hope I don't find out on the road.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JoJoJodyJo

I got the shogun no cut sliders from the local Yamaha dealer. I dropped my bike yesterday and they worked like a charm. I highly recommend them. :)