Found my new dream bike!!! Enter the "baby block"

dcBear78

Pushrod engine in motorbikes which usually lead the technology way? Looks like it was hit real hard with the ugly stick and sounds like ass (literally have heard farts sound similar). To me it looks like someone designed this bike in 1982 and now only getting around to making it, but forgot to update the design. I guess some of us do have different opinions.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

thats cool, i havent been following them much recently and i thought that he was still in the preproduction phase and still in the search of money. Do you know if he has plans to build a more sport touring type bike, or at least something more uprught? I used to be in love with Buell especially the Ulyesses, i looked for one for a long time but the only ones i could find either were double the price of a typical xb12 or had some serious damage.

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Man that thing sounds pretty bad, bad as in terrible.
Not for me, I'll stick with the in line 4. :)
I tune newer model Chevrolet, if one came in sounding like that I would send them away and tell them there was something wrong with the motor. :eek:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

There have been tons of magazine editors ride it but no formal reports or write ups as of yet (that I'm aware of) they all had nothing but good things to say but that is also in the presence of motus owners, designers and everyone else so their opinions might of been swayed with them there. I can't wait for someone to get their hands on a production bike and get the rundown without any motus guys around so we can get what they really think.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Superzoom

For the Buell fans:

EBR is launching three new platforms in 2013 — an R version, a Street Fighter and an Adventure series. These three new models will be based upon the EBR-designed and developed 1190cc liquid-cooled twin and will be priced under $19,000.

danieljardim

$39'000 for the buell.It says they are going to ramp up production to over 100 models a year, and introduce 3 new models.That just seems crazy to me for a street bike.I could buy a r1, and a super tenere with enough change left over to ride them both coast to coast.

Selling more models might slowly bring the prices down.But im more excited to see what happens to Ducati over the next few years.When VW bought Lamborghini, the cars became more appealing/usable without losing any of Lamborghini's heritage.Im kind of expecting new Ducati's to start coming full of creature features.They already have electronic suspension/fuel injection.They are just a step away from having touch screen drive modes that change the engine settings with suspension on the fly like a supercar.The seamless shifting transmissions will probably appear in a Duc first to.But thats just my .02, and I don't read quite as much as some of you.

Whats that book called JonK?Im intrigued
My duc changes engine sets, abs and traction control level on the fly already.

bleedinblue

Elite Member