Found my new dream bike!!! Enter the "baby block"

Chevyfazer

For a die hard Chevy guy this is music to my ears, the motus mst and mst-r use a new V4 engine which is based off the gm small block! Can I get a AMEN! The bikes are all american and with incredible style, power and supposed comfort, and he "r" model having 185 hp @~530lbs wet weight (a monster!!!) and with it being based off a small block its gotta have stump pulling tq too, its basically the total package!!! Now I just have to hit the lottery...

Check em out http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/mst-01.html

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Spendy, but very cool.

Enjarin

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I read a interview and they asked some questions that you had mentioned and basically they mounted the engine like that for ease of maintenance, made the engine for longevity, and pretty much made everything on the bike to be super easy to work on as well as not have to work on it to begin with. It will never need any valves adjust (push rod engine w/hydraulic lifters, essentially it's half a ls engine), and if something was to go wrong the entire engine could be rebuilt in the frame. And so far everyone who has rode it says it's extremely easy to steer with very quick turn in. There's a great short video on YouTube about it where a bunch of top moto mag editors from all over he world had a go on it and they had nothing but great things to say.

Chevyfazer

got off my phone to post some videos

the engine [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kooYoibfeA]Motus-The KMV4 GDI Engine - YouTube[/ame]

short review [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DByGC5AlY0]Motus American V4 Sport Tour 2011 - California (wheelie) - YouTube[/ame]

testing TRACK [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaRdPJI3sU]Motus Closed Course Testing - YouTube[/ame]

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Wow! Take the bags off and thats a tough bike! The engine is awesome looking. Looks like half a small block lol! God i bet that thing is a beast. I want one.:D

Hello my real name is Adam.

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

But, it would be so nice to have a great sport /tourer, that performs, and the American market would get first cracks at, because it was BUILT here - just a couple hours west of me. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chevyfazer

JK and Buzz if yall havent watched those videos yall should, it doesnt say how they made it "work" but they all say it works and works fantasticly!!!

Hell the guy who was testing it on the track even said it it felt like a race bike in its handeling characteristics, so whatever they did to make it work must work or i dont think the likes of Pratt Miller Pratt & Miller Engineering
would even look twice at touching a bike like that

and buzz you do know its not a V8 right?

redwing-2001

I read a interview and they asked some questions that you had mentioned and basically they mounted the engine like that for ease of maintenance, made the engine for longevity, and pretty much made everything on the bike to be super easy to work on as well as not have to work on it to begin with. It will never need any valves adjust (push rod engine w/hydraulic lifters, essentially it's half a ls engine), and if something was to go wrong the entire engine could be rebuilt in the frame. And so far everyone who has rode it says it's extremely easy to steer with very quick turn in. There's a great short video on YouTube about it where a bunch of top moto mag editors from all over he world had a go on it and they had nothing but great things to say.
saw the 2 prototypes in Chattanooga a few months back. It was all what is stated above and then some. Lightning fast, amazing bike. They were trying to build a dealer network at the time. Basically they are a custom built bike, hence the pricey-ness.

Chevyfazer

Some more info on the engine
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/03/motus-mst/

And reading some more about the bike pratt&miller designed the transmission and chassis with the engine in mind. The transmission uses bevel-gears which I imagine very well might be what counter acts the forces from the engine being mounted as it is. Everything I've read and watched so far not a single person has mentioned it feeling off balance or any of the adverse effects that mounting a engine like that could create, they have all said quite the opposite in fact. I love seeing how stuff works and the engineering behind it especially on cars and bikes and would love to find out more on how it does work. Unfortunately being that the bikes are still very new and I don't even believe in production yet there is not a lot of info out there other than what Motus has released and what the few editors and test riders have had to say about the bike. I for one will be following this company and their bikes pretty closely, I think it is awesome what they have accomplished so far and can't wait to see what their future holds, and really cant wait to see when they go on sale and "real" unsupervised reviews are out there. Especially with the absence of buell, to my knowledge they are the only American company right now making "sporty" bikes and would love to see a cheeper bike for the masses from them. It might never happen but hey a guy can dream cant he lol

Once again I'm sounding like a damn salesman :spank: