First bike questions

Which bike should I get?

• 08 FZ-6

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 11 FZ6R

Votes: 31 96.9%

• Total voters

Alex6

Does anyone know if its actually cheaper to buy in the winter months vs the summer. Or is it better to buy in the summer since there will likely be more people selling their bikes. :banghead:
IMO - cheaper to buy in the late fall/winter (isn't it a Winter by October in MN?) and pricier in the spring.

lark

IMO - cheaper to buy in the late fall/winter (isn't it a Winter by October in MN?) and pricier in the spring.
I bought my bike in November, yamaha was offering big discounts and cash rebates (for when you want a NEW bike)

Also, winter rolls around, christmas comes, people need money, they wanna sell extra stuff like that 250 they don't want to sit in the garage anymore. I'd buy now. I bought my Buell in February and got a really good deal off craigslist.

latony007

I bought my bike in November, yamaha was offering big discounts and cash rebates (for when you want a NEW bike)

Also, winter rolls around, christmas comes, people need money, they wanna sell extra stuff like that 250 they don't want to sit in the garage anymore. I'd buy now. I bought my Buell in February and got a really good deal off craigslist.
I seem to have bought 3 bikes now in dead of winter, but even though it gets a little cold not enough to stop most people from riding here so we really ride all year around for the most part. I did buy my Yamaha in July

And Go Wild look at the posts on this site. take a look at this vs. the one you were looking at, this is actually only 400 miles from you. You can also have it shipped. I am in shipping and we have carrier that picks them up in vans on "motorcycle" pallets and delivers them to residences.
Mint condition 2012 FZ6R raven
995 miles
$4,650 firm In Chicago IL suburbs
Clean and clear title In hand

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

Tony, 3 bikes? What did I miss in my time away?? Watcha got? Welcome to the triple pony club. I love having three bikes, just the insurance, tabs and time based not mileage based maintenance is adding up a bit too much.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
LOL thanks, but i am going to sell one. I just dont have the room in may garage, i had to move the FZ6R into my patio until i can sell my cruiser. I was very happy with the cruiser its a great bike (c50) but then along came a spyder :)
i only used it for 2 up riding and its a little heavy at low speeds for a small guy. So for 2 up now i have this which handles 10 times better, is 5x faster and 10x safer.

Attachments

Rollo1886

I concur...

I would definitely go with the FZ6R if you can get a steal on one. They are great bikes for the everyday commuter. I can tell you from experience that you won't outgrow it anytime soon.

lark

LOL thanks, but i am going to sell one. I just dont have the room in may garage
You should see our garage >_< I live with my fiancee and his brother... 2 car garage has: 1 nissan 240 shell, 2 engines and a tranny for said car (not one of which is inside the shell), racks of rando VW parts, seats, plastic pieces, failed parts etc. the alternative seat for my Buell that got totaled in April (haven't found anyone to buy it lol), 3 motorcycles, a mk4 jetta on stands, 1 maybe 2 sets of wheels and tires, 2 bicycles, a broken *** scooter, several coolers, some patio chairs, 2 garbage cans, an engine hoist, an air compressor, and a shelf of products, a tool chest.......... I had to climb over the jetta and engine hoist to get to the garage door to get my bike out last time.

Also, a jeep in the driveway that has no bumper or battery. not to mention my beetle that's broken down and the mk2 jetta that are both at the parents-in-law house. we have too many toys!

750rider

Thanks for the plug on my bike for sale :)

I seem to have bought 3 bikes now in dead of winter, but even though it gets a little cold not enough to stop most people from riding here so we really ride all year around for the most part. I did buy my Yamaha in July

And Go Wild look at the posts on this site. take a look at this vs. the one you were looking at, this is actually only 400 miles from you. You can also have it shipped. I am in shipping and we have carrier that picks them up in vans on "motorcycle" pallets and delivers them to residences.
Mint condition 2012 FZ6R raven
995 miles
$4,650 firm In Chicago IL suburbs
Clean and clear title In hand

latony007

You should see our garage >_< I live with my fiancee and his brother... 2 car garage has: 1 nissan 240 shell, 2 engines and a tranny for said car (not one of which is inside the shell), racks of rando VW parts, seats, plastic pieces, failed parts etc. the alternative seat for my Buell that got totaled in April (haven't found anyone to buy it lol), 3 motorcycles, a mk4 jetta on stands, 1 maybe 2 sets of wheels and tires, 2 bicycles, a broken *** scooter, several coolers, some patio chairs, 2 garbage cans, an engine hoist, an air compressor, and a shelf of products, a tool chest.......... I had to climb over the jetta and engine hoist to get to the garage door to get my bike out last time.

Also, a jeep in the driveway that has no bumper or battery. not to mention my beetle that's broken down and the mk2 jetta that are both at the parents-in-law house. we have too many toys!
That cracks me up, makes me feel better about mine and how fairly clean it is. :D But too small to fit My car, the can am spyder, the suzuki c50 and the yamaha FZ6R. I have the C50 up for sale, if anyone is interested in having a cruiser to take the wife around on this is an awesome one, i tried to move it into the patio but the bars would not fit through the door by an inch or two so i had to move the Yamaha into the patio, at least its semi enclosed and i have it covered.

Can you list other bikes for sale on this site? I loved having a cruiser for wife and kid or really long trips and the yamaha for by myself and the twisties.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

GoWild

I ended up getting a 2012 Vulvan 900 classic that I am going to add apes too. Insurance is only $110 a YEAR!!!

latony007

I ended up getting a 2012 Vulvan 900 classic that I am going to add apes too. Insurance is only $110 a YEAR!!!
Holy crap thats so far from where you started LOL. My insurance on the FZ6R is the same. Vulcan 900 is a good bike, might be a little heavy for first bike but you said you were a big guy. After you get 6 months or a year under your belt you will be back for an FZ6R :)
Congrats, enjoy and most of all be safe!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Wait January, after the holidays and start looking at bikes at a dealer. Kinda play games with them where you want it but ... (insert excuse here). Continue this and they become despirate by Feb where their holiday debt catches up. By early-mid febuary, they would give you a huge discount. My dad played this game for his 2012 Camry. Got 7500 off and included the already discounts.