Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 11 FZ6R

Votes: 31 96.9%

• Total voters

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ch33zecake

Op probably already got his answer but I'll chime in anyways.

IMO if you have absolutely no motorcycle experience then maybe you should consider a 250 or 300. If you've ridden dirt bikes or whatever in the past then go with the FZ6R. Before I had my FZ6R, I've ridden dirt bikes in my youth years. Then I got the FZ6R as my first street bike. I was honestly intimidated by the power. I was afraid to go over 50 mph on the road. You also have to account for traffic. Do you live in a city or in the country roads? Do you think you will be confident to ride around lots of cars? Going with a 250 or 300 is the sure safe way to go. Going with the FZ6R is also totally doable. You won't run out of power any time soon. The powerband is very controllable. The FZ6R also looks bad *** when you start modding it too!

From my experience, I went with the FZ6R for my first bike because I have prior motorcycling experience under my belt from my previous years of dirt biking. Initially I wasn't sure what type of bike I wanted next whether it would be a streetfighter or supersport bike. My interest started to fall into the supersport category as time went by. I think the FZ6R is a good blend between a streetfighter and a supersport.

You can find some really good deals on used FZ6Rs if you take your time to research. Just take the MSF courses before you get the bike. Try to take the Advanced Riders Course too. Once you hop on those 250s then you'll have a good idea in what your comfortable to start out on.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ch33zecake

I would consider the fz6r more like a standard bike than a super sport. When you ride a supersport you know they are totally different.
I would have to agree with you. The differences in feeling are drastic from power, comfort, and handling. Well I guess one could always raise the seat height and lower the handlebars all the way. But hey the FZ6R sounds like a typical supersport when you put an aftermarket exhaust on. And with fairings, a non-motorcyclist wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If the op likes the feeling of an inline 4 engine, appearance and sound of a crotch rocket, then the FZ6R might be up his alley.