Fender Eliminator

i'm amazed how many people waste 50-100 bucks on a fender eliminator. Get a integrated tail light and go to home depot, buy 2 stanley L brackets for 3 bucks and bolt them to the bike, and mount the plate.
The first thing that had to go when I got the bike was the Fender.

I'll speak for myself here....

I had zero knowledge of how a bike was put together, what to take apart, how to wire things, or what went where when I decided to ride. The fact that I paid 70 bucks for a kit that explained everything to me was well worth my money.

$0.02

That's how I justify it anyway..o...and it came with a plate light
:iconbeer:

luckily i don't need plate lights here. the sun is still up even at midnight. our longest day during the summer is almost 22 hours.

well, i guess we all gotta start somewhere when it comes to modding. I used to be scared of taking my bikes apart.. now.. I just make sure I don't have too many bolts left over when I put it back together. :)

i'm amazed how many people waste 50-100 bucks on a fender eliminator. Get a integrated tail light and go to home depot, buy 2 stanley L brackets for 3 bucks and bolt them to the bike, and mount the plate.

Some states require turn signals etc etc. I really don't like the integrated tail light because when I was riding behind my friend with his I couldn't tell if he was slowing down or turning and almost ran into him.

I know for a fact that every state needs a plate light, as I was pulled over while in my brother's car for that.

quick question guys and gals i just got my fender eliminator kit and though it was really easy to install the bracket, im having the hardest time with the wiring i tried following the instructions but didnt really help. Im a visual kind of person so all i need to know is what order the wires go in ( like yellow with black or yellow with green)? O by the way i have a targa eliminator kit, if anyone has an answer plz let me know........

quick question guys and gals i just got my fender eliminator kit and though it was really easy to install the bracket, im having the hardest time with the wiring i tried following the instructions but didnt really help. Im a visual kind of person so all i need to know is what order the wires go in ( like yellow with black or yellow with green)? O by the way i have a targa eliminator kit, if anyone has an answer plz let me know........

Black/Green is usually the Ground while yellow is the positive. Just connect and try it out to make sure when you're signalling left you don't go right.

Shouldn't be that hard of an install, there's only 3 connectors, Right, Left and Plate.

What do you guys think of this setup?

I liked the anodized aluminum and integral plate and turn signal lights.
Hardware store right down the street if I need any stainless nuts, washers etc.
Auction good for 22 days more.

2009 2010 FZ6R FZ-6R BLACK FENDER ELIMINATOR CKIT : eBay Motors (item 330421598829 end time Jun-06-10 07:56:57 PDT)

That's the other way I could've went but I think the plate sticks out too much, I wanted it closer to right underneath the tail.

What do you guys think of this setup?

I liked the anodized aluminum and integral plate and turn signal lights.
Hardware store right down the street if I need any stainless nuts, washers etc.
Auction good for 22 days more.

2009 2010 FZ6R FZ-6R BLACK FENDER ELIMINATOR CKIT : eBay Motors (item 330421598829 end time Jun-06-10 07:56:57 PDT)

Excellent product, I ordered it last week and got it in three days, I bought it on ebay auction for $45.00 include shipping, you cant bit the price and quality, my son spend $85.00 on his R6 two weeks ago frome local dealer, he couldn't belive what I paid for mine, I would highly recemend the product, only negetive is led lights blinks fast which no biggy, I can get the reg. lights latter.

does anyone know off-hand whether the OEM Yamaha Fender Eliminator for the 2008-2011 R6 will fit on our bike? i know it's big and ugly, but am just curious... lol

does anyone know off-hand whether the OEM Yamaha Fender Eliminator for the 2008-2011 R6 will fit on our bike? i know it's big and ugly, but am just curious... lol

HAHAHAHAHA, Good luck with that man. The 06-07 R6 FE's are easily to get off but I heard the 08+ are hard because there's a black plastic piece covering the bolts to get the stock fender off. Some people even drilled it.

There are 4 bolts btw for the R6 fender.

I would just get the targa... (oh wait, I already did)

Comes with everything. No need to splice wires, comes with stock connectors for the lights, and instructions. Gotta say though, the instructions kinda suck. I mean really, it's 2011, take a couple more pics, have a pdf online, get with it!

So spend a little extra money to make it a quick 5 minute jobby to get the bike back to stock if you want to sell it later on

Back