Fender Eliminator

MikeN02

Few questions about Fender Eliminators. I'm trying to get one because I don't really like the stock one, I saw that evotech sells them:

http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/info_7193.html

They're from the UK which uses Euros. Would I be able to buy it and have it shipped to the states?

Also if someone has already bought these and shipped to the states, how long does it usually take? I've bought some stuff from hong kong before and it usually takes about 2 to 4 weeks!

I don't think it's that hard to put on a fender eliminator but I hope I don't get it wrong.

MikeN02

Here it is on ebay.
Ohh thanks! I tried looking up evotech on ebay but it didn't work. Didn't know that it was called XJ6 in other countries as I thought it was the FZ6 model.

Price is a bit high for my wallet... Any other cheap fender eliminators that look decent and don't require drilling for the plate light?

Last edited:

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Do a "yamaha fz6r" search on ebay. There are a couple in the $40-60 range but I don't think they come with turn signals.

MikeN02

Do a "yamaha fz6r" search on ebay. There are a couple in the $40-60 range but I don't think they come with turn signals.
That's fine, but I don't think they come with plate lights. I would have to drill a hole to mount the OEM plate light which I don't have a drill bit...

MikeN02

If I recall it was just a fix it warning. Heard that you usually get a ticket and have to show it to a cop that you got it fixed or something.

Anyways I can't decide between these two eliminators:

2009 FZ6R FZ-6R BLACK FENDER ELIMINATOR CKIT : eBay Motors (item 350313046472 end time Feb-10-10 21:11:23 PST)

Or

Targa's

Targa Fender Eliminator for FZ6R 09-10 - Fender Eliminator & Bodywork - Solo Moto Parts

The ebay one has a little bit of extra space which is bugging me a bit, but it's price is lower than Targa's

porky45

I have the Targa from Solo Moto Parts. It's a good FE kit from what I've experienced. Directions are good if you're bad with that kinda stuff (like me!).
It has turn signals, and a plate light. Looks 100 times better than stock.

MikeN02

I went ahead and placed a big on the Ebay one. Just because I'm strapped for cash right now since buying my brand new bike. He said he didn't have pictures since his hard drive crashed but I can send it back if I don't like it.

pyrocpu

I ended up w/ the B2 Industries FE from fatbikez.com. It was something like $45 or so. For plate lights, I went to Cycle Gear and bought LED bolt-lights. Turn signals will be solved by the integrated LED tail lamp/turn signal assembly. :)

tractorboy

okay...ive sorta kept to myself on this but I feel like venting a little today.

Im all for making a buck and I really like evotech's design and using stock tails but....
100 bucks for stamped pc of metal and what not...holy crap.

I mean I know im cheap but dont you guys think some of ( well most of) these fender eliminator kits are just a little crazy in price?

Granted I know overhead is the biggest hunk but man! These kits just hurt my butt where my wallets sits everytime I look at them!

OK....im a big boy, I can take it.....let me have it if you disagree but to me they seem like 40 is a much more appropriate price range.

porky45

okay...ive sorta kept to myself on this but I feel like venting a little today.

Im all for making a buck and I really like evotech's design and using stock tails but....
100 bucks for stamped pc of metal and what not...holy crap.

I mean I know im cheap but dont you guys think some of ( well most of) these fender eliminator kits are just a little crazy in price?

Granted I know overhead is the biggest hunk but man! These kits just hurt my butt where my wallets sits everytime I look at them!

OK....im a big boy, I can take it.....let me have it if you disagree but to me they seem like 40 is a much more appropriate price range.
i agree wtih you completely... it's just like everything else though... the price of the product accounts for more than just the product itself... I'm in the hockey equipment industry and with online pricing you are looking at cost of r&d, wages, shipping, packaging, rent blah blah blah.... anyways... ya.

Pizz

Agreed, that's why I picked the Targa ($70) over the Competition Werks ($120). They are the same thing to me.
Targa kit comes with
-licence plate bracket
-bike interface plate
-2 turn signals
-plate light (LED)
-direct connection plugs - let's you plug into the bike harness without splicing
-various hardware to assemble and finish the install

MikeN02

Targa for me is $70 + 10 shipping from Fatbikes, the only place I could find that is the lowest.

I agree with you that this little aluminum or metal piece with a couple of holes in it is worth 70 or 120... it's crazy.

40 would sound about right and thats why in my other post I was debating to get a ebay one or a targa.

rob123

question about the FE kit

i bought one of ebay and was wonder where the wiring is to disconnect the wiring from the old one, cuz its cold here in buffalo and want to spend as little as time out in the garage as possible

Pizz

It's in a rubber boot under the rear fairing. You need to remove the rear seat, the grab rail and the rear right side plastic. There is a rubber boot there with the 4 connections in it (1 each for the turn signals plus a positive and negative connection for the plate light)

tractorboy

Its just funny cuz most other parts for our bikes are fairly reasonable as the mirrors, aftermarket tail lights and windscreens. I also think its supply and demand...lets face it..whats the FIRST thing we all wanna do when we get it home! RIP THE REAR FENDER OFF...so......hahaha LOL

Then again, like any industry, you have low dollar parts and you have true unobtainium stuff thats a gazzillion dollars!

But...the fender eliminators are just alway sorta high as everyone wants one!!

Tractor