fastest you've had your fz6r

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyZ6R

I love acceleration, but top speed doesn't hold a lot of magic for me. I know it's totally different on a bike, but I've been well north of 100 so many times in a car, high speed doesn't really wow me much.

I much prefer that rush of acceleration you get when you are in the power band hammering it from 50 on, just the way the bike wants to leave you behind. Have always loved acceleration. It's addicting.

Anyways, I don't see myself in triple digits much on the bike, unless I were at the track. The small payoff isn't worth the risks, IMO. That's just me.
Completely agree! Acceleration is much more fun than flat out top speed. I'd ride a track over a drag strip any day of the week. The acceleration up to speed is alright, but once you get there, that's it. Hitting corners and changing speeds is continuous acceleration, and a lot more fun for me. I've been upward of 290mph at 500' and over 350 at 1000' and it was DEFINITELY fun, but pulling 4-6Gs doing aerobatics or tail-chasing your Wingman at 250-275mph was MORE fun!

I love getting me some Vitamin G! :thumbup:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

115, earlier this evening.

Honestly, it didn't do much for me. I love acceleration, but top speed doesn't hold a lot of magic for me. I know it's totally different on a bike, but I've been well north of 100 so many times in a car, high speed doesn't really wow me much.

I much prefer that rush of acceleration you get when you are in the power band hammering it from 50 on, just the way the bike wants to leave you behind. Have always loved acceleration. It's addicting.

Anyways, I don't see myself in triple digits much on the bike, unless I were at the track. The small payoff isn't worth the risks, IMO. That's just me.
same - acceleration and cornering are king :)

fastest i've been is 99mph. should have kept the throttle on just to hit triple digits :p

linkgt

same - acceleration and cornering are king :)

fastest i've been is 99mph. should have kept the throttle on just to hit triple digits :p
I love speed, i think once you hit130, you really feel it. Though acc and cornering are great too, I just have to improve on the latter.

Anyway 136 while going on a slight downhill. 132 on a flat road fully tucked in. No sprocket mod. I feel pretty confident going fast with the seating position of this bike. On my brothers cbr600rr on the other hand, i felt like i was about to die at 100 mph :surrender:

AngryAnt

I think 91 or 92 mph is the fastest I've gone. Not sure about going any faster, not because I don't like the speed, but at that rate and the local terrain, there is no way to slow down fast enough by the time I've spotted a cop to not get a ticket. Maybe one day in the future I'll get a radar detector or something and hit the triples.

redprodigy35

Took her up to 97 last night.

I wanna get into the triples-- just to say I did really and get past that "barrier", but the truth is I just don't have that much room to get into it much. Cops round here are disputing over ticket territory and that pretty much leaves us the taxpayers in the middle of their "war".

I was reading on the SBN forums about someone getting a ticket for $130 and a whole slew of other headaches for going 9 over.
Yeah he will fight it and prob. be successful, but I just simply don't wanna be in that position... ever.

linkgt

I think 91 or 92 mph is the fastest I've gone. Not sure about going any faster, not because I don't like the speed, but at that rate and the local terrain, there is no way to slow down fast enough by the time I've spotted a cop to not get a ticket. Maybe one day in the future I'll get a radar detector or something and hit the triples.
Took her up to 97 last night.

I wanna get into the triples-- just to say I did really and get past that "barrier", but the truth is I just don't have that much room to get into it much. Cops round here are disputing over ticket territory and that pretty much leaves us the taxpayers in the middle of their "war".

I was reading on the SBN forums about someone getting a ticket for $130 and a whole slew of other headaches for going 9 over.
Yeah he will fight it and prob. be successful, but I just simply don't wanna be in that position... ever.
I get what you guys mean. During normal highway driving, i cruise around 85-100. The only reason I reach top speed is because here in long island (suffolk county to be more precise) there are a few of these really nice flat, big open roads that are miles long where you can just about see everything ahead, perfect for going fast and not many people on the road too. I guess the trade off is we dont have many twisties :/

D

Deleted member 9794

1000 MPH!!!! You are all soft, learn how to ride...and this is seemingly still to me.

The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 25,000 miles. The Earth rotates in about 24 hours. Therefore, if you were to hang above the surface of the Earth at the equator without moving, you would see 25,000 miles pass by in 24 hours, at a speed of 25000/24 or just over 1000 miles per hour.

Multiply by cosine of your latitude to see how fast the Earth is rotating where you are.

Earth is also moving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour
:thumbup:

:justkidding:

130mph, bouncing off of redline in 6th gear for me

F

FZ6R_Blue

I had mine up to 135 and 138 the other day.
the 138 was with a little bit of a downhill

SoCal600

Whats ur highest speed on the fz6r ??

I changed my sprockets and chain at 20k miles to an RK X-RING chain and JT 16/45 sprockets and that bumped my top speed from 135 MPH to 138 MPH with the RPM'S some where in the 12,200 - 12,400 range.

Bay area rider

130 mph at the straights portion of the track...

stock sprockets..

I weigh 192 lbs...

iSpoolin

Speedo said 136, and it had no more in it, but the speedo is off by a bit, so probably more like 129-130

FZ6R66

When I use my GPS it reads 55 and the speedometer on the bike reads 58. As the speed increases it seems to also go off even more.

yfz6r

I hit 90 on interstate 55 once on accident. I've never pushed my 6r. I hit the 150 mark on my brothers 06 cbr 1000 that the previous owner modded out. My bro had the turbo taken off before he ever rode it because he couldn't trust himself on it. I'd like to feel how it felt with it on

stevet

I hope all the top speed research is being done on the track. Hardly a day goes by here in SoCal alone that some bike rider on the freeway doesn't die or get seriously hurt going way too fast on his bike. I have a friend that had his leg torn off at the crotch last year. Reckless riding gives us all a bad name. I hope everyone is testing their bikes on the track.

Spunky99

I only drag race my bike on single lane freeway entrance ramps that are straight and then back off and merge safely. That way my top speed usually doesn't exceed 90 MPH or so and there is no merging traffic on the ramp I have to deal with. It's me and the bike all alone in my own lane physically separated from the freeway until I merge and then I'm at freeway traffic speed.
I also do it AGATT.
It's also impossible for a Cop to pace me or get a speed unless he uses a radar/laser speed detector and they don't do that on entrance ramps here. I always make sure no Police are behind me when I do it. It's maybe 3 to 5 seconds of crazy fast acceleration and I keep the front wheel on the ground.

I'm not that interested in my top speed as it is meaningless. I'm faster than 99% of the cars and only a few bikes are faster. It's the acceleration that matters.

10/22 DUDE

136! Two brothers exhaust, k&n filter, juice box pro, marty rev a map. She had a little more in her, but not much. Bought myself a gopro hero 2 for christmas. Going to do it again and post on youtube.

Spunky99

136! Two brothers exhaust, k&n filter, juice box pro, marty rev a map. She had a little more in her, but not much. Bought myself a gopro hero 2 for christmas. Going to do it again and post on youtube.
Dang!....that's fast....was that corrected or the typical 7 to 10 mph high on the stock speedo?
Open an anonymous account in gmail tto open one in U-tube so no one knows who you were when speeding....Don't want the Po Po after y'alls butt.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.