fastest you've had your fz6r

Status
Not open for further replies.

6R Blackout

I did 142mph going slightly down hill, but on staight away i can maintain 134mph. that is stock sprockets, and 2bros exhaust and juice box. Don't get me wrong I don't drive like that all the time, and when I do get it up that fast, I tend to shut it down rather quickly and get back to speed limits.:surrender:

elpasofz6r

fz6recon i lived in el paso for 4 1/2 years the only curvy road i can think of is scenic drive, you should go out past sunland park and run through the orchards got 115 through some of those corners (reply to a post on page 3) fastest i had mine was on the loop at 137 thats what the speedo said anyways

Last edited:

Doncan

I would really like to know how you gentlemen can go that fast in the FZ6R. My bike starts going all over the place when I reach 70+ MPH. And God forbid trying to pass an 18 wheeler or be behind it at those speeds. The wind shakes the bike side to side a lot.:rant:

jokerX

Doncan, I found that I really had to get up on the tank to keep the front end down at high speeds. Redline in 6th was 212km/h for me.

CrazyCawi

well tonight I didnt run through all the gears to their max, but I was in 6th gear, 70mpg at 6k rpm and I ripped on the throttle and after 10-15 seconds I was up to 98mph but I couldnt get it any faster. I assume with my new sprockets(17/44) Ill need to downshift and use the full power band to get faster speeds.

Superzoom

well tonight I didnt run through all the gears to their max, but I was in 6th gear, 70mpg at 6k rpm and I ripped on the throttle and after 10-15 seconds I was up to 98mph but I couldnt get it any faster. I assume with my new sprockets(17/44) Ill need to downshift and use the full power band to get faster speeds.
That's quite surprising. Yeah, I would assume if you geared down, you could still hit a top speed of 120 mph or so.

I'm wondering if you ran it to redline in fifth and then shifted to sixth, you might be able to hit and maintain a higher top speed. You might not have as much horsepower at 98 mph.

cavcuz05

had mine at 0 to holy shit

125 on mine

JSP

Super Moderator
That's quite surprising. Yeah, I would assume if you geared down, you could still hit a top speed of 120 mph or so.

I'm wondering if you ran it to redline in fifth and then shifted to sixth, you might be able to hit and maintain a higher top speed. You might not have as much horsepower at 98 mph.
Speedo will be quite off with different sprockets as well right? Get a speedo healer to correct it or run with GPS to confirm speed?

yellowFZ6r

Im at 700 miles on my bike and i got it up 120 MPH this past weekend (only for a second), but I bet I had a good 10-15mph's to go. I was on a long stretch of highway and just had to do it. Such an adrenaline rush!!

cjsFZ6R

awww, you guys are killin me, the highest i've gotten around here was 98 and it was amazing then i hit more traffic. grrrrr :/ stupid DC area... I can't wait to take it to ohio this weekend on the PA turnpike and see what i can get it up to cuz i'll be taking it there in the middle of the night so there should be zero traffic. I'm psyched!

CrazyCawi

he's lighter than you and he was going down hill with a semi truck drafting him.

dont feel bad rook, I did the 17/44 sprocket mod, and my bike only goes to 86 mph then it jerks like crazy like it wants to get into the power band but the bike cant spool it up enough and I top out at 94/95

Im so Effing furious about it. I might take the 17 front sprocket out and go stock with the -2 in the rear...idk.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

sammy56

1000 MPH!!!! You are all soft, learn how to ride...and this is seemingly still to me.

The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 25,000 miles. The Earth rotates in about 24 hours. Therefore, if you were to hang above the surface of the Earth at the equator without moving, you would see 25,000 miles pass by in 24 hours, at a speed of 25000/24 or just over 1000 miles per hour.

Multiply by cosine of your latitude to see how fast the Earth is rotating where you are.

Earth is also moving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour

motoguy82

he's lighter than you and he was going down hill with a semi truck drafting him.

dont feel bad rook, I did the 17/44 sprocket mod, and my bike only goes to 86 mph then it jerks like crazy like it wants to get into the power band but the bike cant spool it up enough and I top out at 94/95

Im so Effing furious about it. I might take the 17 front sprocket out and go stock with the -2 in the rear...idk.
I know the feeling CC. That's why I went back to stock gearing. My bike wouldn't pull just the 17T to redline on the autobahn. -2 in the rear might be a good compromise.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

D Price

Topped out at 132 mph. I tucked, pulled my left arm in and said faster, faster you fool, you fool!!! But, That was it. Maybe I should loose some weight.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.