entry level race suits?

Detrich

Nice suit Jon... It matches your bike perfectly. Congrats! ^_^

Are u wearing upper & lower body armor underneath, and if so, what type & how does it fit & look?

I've had a lotta difficulty finding "slim profile" armor to wear under my 2-piece... So, up til now I've been riding with just a back protector... After looking around for months, I finally decided on the new Icon stuff. It's not the greatest, but it's CE & slim profile compared to other brands (A☆, Knox, Dainese). The armored shorts 'actually' fit under my leathers. but, they don't have tailbone armor, which is kinda a bummer. And, even tho they fit, the hip armor still looks a bit bulky underneath...

Do all the MotoGP riders wear all this gear underneath? (chest, back, shorts.) It makes me feel like a walking robot. LOL. Sigh. :(

Bigevildoer

Detrich

thanks Big... i have some Knox pieces, and let me tell you that they are BULKY as heck. i'd go far as saying that Knox armor is THE BULKIEST on the market. they are great for wearing as stand-alone pieces, but absolutely THE WORST for wearing underneath leathers. that is, unless u don't mind looking like the Michelin mascot.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Detrich

just pickup a cheap undersuit mike- ie like a coolmax, fieldsheer- about $80. if u want something better, than alpinestars or rev'it, or dainese. but, those are kinda pricey.

JSP

Super Moderator
Under Armor works great for under suits! Lets you slide in and out real nice and keeps you cooler too.

Detrich

thanks jon.

yah, i've been trying to decide what's the best armor to wear underneath. ive been just wearing my 2 pc with a ce back protector pad in the pouch. and, to me, it feels the most comfortable.

but, my friends seem to feel that is not enough. and, they actually wear full back protectors & chest guards under their suits. (they look very big and bubbly, of course, because of it.)

so, i'm torn as to what to wear. :( i bought a new vest and armored shorts to try out. but they stil look bulky under the suit. so, i'm at a loss as to how much padding i really need under the suit.

maybe i should just go back to what i was wearing before and be happy with that. lol sigh

As far as I know, most racers have spine protectors in their suits and I see a lot of them taking a separate chest pad out when they unzip their leathers after they get off the bike.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
thanks jon.

yah, i've been trying to decide what's the best armor to wear underneath. ive been just wearing my 2 pc with a ce back protector pad in the pouch. and, to me, it feels the most comfortable.

but, my friends seem to feel that is not enough. and, they actually wear full back protectors & chest guards under their suits. (they look very big and bubbly, of course, because of it.)

so, i'm torn as to what to wear. :( i bought a new vest and armored shorts to try out. but they stil look bulky under the suit. so, i'm at a loss as to how much padding i really need under the suit.

maybe i should just go back to what i was wearing before and be happy with that. lol sigh
At minimum you should have at least a spine protector under your suit.Spine injuries are not to be messed with.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Soapartist

Does anyone have more feedback on the jackets4 bikes suits?
I just lost 50lbs and need to buy something that actually fits ... it's cheaper to buy a suit from them than everything else at this point.
I didn't end up getting one before.

Spunky99

Does anyone have more feedback on the jackets4 bikes suits?
I just lost 50lbs and need to buy something that actually fits ... it's cheaper to buy a suit from them than everything else at this point.
I didn't end up getting one before.
I have both a 2 piece and a 1 piece suit from them and they ar very nice. I've compared them to the expensive suits the other racers used and they all were jealous of the price I paid. If you don't care about the name they are great.

Soapartist

I have both a 2 piece and a 1 piece suit from them and they ar very nice. I've compared them to the expensive suits the other racers used and they all were jealous of the price I paid. If you don't care about the name they are great.
Nope I don't care about the name...
The only options in ladies is black, power rangers silver, or power rangers pink ;) as my daughter describes it LOL.
thanks Spunky ;)

Detrich

I recently picked up a Pilot USA custom Evo 1-pc and am really happy with it. It's around the same price as a low-end Dianese or higher-end A*. Very comfortable, sporty, and above-all, unique. Ordering takes a while tho- cuz Pilot custom makes each suit according to your design specs...

Last edited:

iSpoolin

I have the Alpinestars Carver Two piece myself. LOVE it!