entry level race suits?

Fenixgoon

after looking at the suits as much as possible, i went with the Alpinestars CR suit. Its ventilation looks about equivalent (or a little bit less than, according to the customer service people) to the AGV Willow Sport. One thing to keep in mind is i'll be wearing under armour stuff underneath, so that should help keep me cool. The suit also came in better colors (more visibility when on public roads). Can't wait for it to arrive so I can review it!

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Bigevildoer

Can you post up shots of the final product when you get it? I'm very curious to see the overall fit-finish-quality etc.

Soapartist

Ordered mine from Jackets4Bikes. Thanks for the link Spunky.
Nice sharp looking suit! I've got my kid looking at the women's for his girlfriend too... for the price, why not??? drives me nuts when he rides up with her on the back wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. :eek:
At least she wasn't wearing flip flops.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Ordered mine from Jackets4Bikes. Thanks for the link Spunky.

I bought the same exact suit....LOL..we have good taste:D
I decorated mine for the M1GP racing a Honda NSR50R.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Spunky99

JSP

Super Moderator
Biggest thing I have seen with cheaper suits is seam failure. Even with name brand cheaper suits. I have seen guys hit the ground and a seam rip wide open causing some nasty rash...

Spunky99

Biggest thing I have seen with cheaper suits is seam failure. Even with name brand cheaper suits. I have seen guys hit the ground and a seam rip wide open causing some nasty rash...
My cheap Frank Thomas textile pants seam failed and I got knee rash because of it. The seams on the leather suit are nice and strong. Well sewn and finished with very nice stitching and strong thread. 1/2 season done and zero issues with any aspect of the suit. It fits me snug and bending down or over to stretch the suit and get ready to race has yielded zero issues. I haven't crashed yet so I don't have any crash data on the integrity of the suit to give you. I do feel confident in the suit tho...

JSP

Super Moderator
My cheap Frank Thomas textile pants seam failed and I got knee rash because of it. The seams on the leather suit are nice and strong. Well sewn and finished with very nice stitching and strong thread. 1/2 season done and zero issues with any aspect of the suit. It fits me snug and bending down or over to stretch the suit and get ready to race has yielded zero issues. I haven't crashed yet so I don't have any crash data on the integrity of the suit to give you. I do feel confident in the suit tho...
From your pics, it actually looks like nice stitching and seams... Leather looks good too. :thumbup:

Funkmaxtor

I have a Frank Thomas one piece leather suit and I love it. Its a little tight across shoulders for me but the rest of it fits great.

Soapartist

Hey Spunk, do they have varying sizes all the time?
I noticed they only have a few sizes in each style.
Maybe they only list the ones in stock at the time?
I wrote to them to ask, but haven't heard back.

Fenixgoon

got my Astars CR suit today. thing fits like a damn glove! :D if you are 5' 10" 160lbs with 32.5" arms, 33-34" waist, and a 38-40" chest, this will fit you pretty well.

sadly i didn't get to do any riding today. gotta lube up the drive chain before i meet up with a ladyfriend though, so i'll report back after that. i think i might have to wear the suit all day ;)

(bringing a change of clothes to hang out elsewhere, of course)

bmw675

got my Astars CR suit today. thing fits like a damn glove! :D if you are 5' 10" 160lbs with 32.5" arms, 33-34" waist, and a 38-40" chest, this will fit you pretty well.

sadly i didn't get to do any riding today. gotta lube up the drive chain before i meet up with a ladyfriend though, so i'll report back after that. i think i might have to wear the suit all day ;)

(bringing a change of clothes to hang out elsewhere, of course)
I'm glad it fits like a glove, but what size did you get to fit those measurements?

Spunky99

Hey Spunk, do they have varying sizes all the time?
I noticed they only have a few sizes in each style.
Maybe they only list the ones in stock at the time?
I wrote to them to ask, but haven't heard back.
They have emailed me right back almost immediately. After 24 hours, email them again. Maybe they are weak from Ramadan....:eek:

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member