Effed Up Dreams

AngryAnt

Ok, so I had an extremely weird dream last night, and it was sort of bike related, so I'm sharing. Also, just for kicks and because I'm bored, consider this the start of a "what was the last eff'd up dream you remember?" thread. I actually have more than a couple disturbing dreams I can share, but I'll wait and make sure I'm not the only disturbed one here :)

I've mentioned a couple times I have neck problems on here, and I started a new pain med last night, so I'm gonna blame the weird dream on that, mostly just because I can.

Ok, so here we go:

I'm sitting in house, in my garage to be exact, and for whatever reason I now own a truck (I currently only own a hatchback and my FZ6R). My dad waltzes up, and wants to borrow said truck, except my bike is in the back the back of it. He's in a hurry, and won't take the time to unload it.

So I wait around, he drives back up (I'm inside the house) - I walk out to the garage and he's unloaded the bike, and its completely trashed. Its covered in dust, scratched up beyond recognition, my brand new Puig screen is broke off (which I haven't even installed yet, btw), the handle bars are completely broke off, and the whole front fork / wheel is snapped off like a twig, just laying on the garage floor. He says he doesn't remember or know what happened to it, it was that way when he drove back up. This sends me into an unbridled rage (in the dream still) and I'm punching holes in walls, slamming my head through panes of glass, throwing stuff all over the place.

(ok it gets even weirder here, when I told my wife this part, this is where she looks like at me wondering if I should be committed)

I continue this for a few minutes, until I eventually break down, laying in the garage floor, stroking it gently, saying "my poor baby". It also just so happens my dad has no money, so he just simply apologizes as he can't buy me a new bike. As an alternative, he offers to give me a 1969 Orange convertible VW beetle as compensation, because "it'll get you back and forth to work." (I have no idea why it was that specific of a vehicle, I've never liked VW bugs). This sends me into an even larger rage, at which point I wake up still carrying that feeling of unbridled rage.

I got out of bed, got some water, shook it off, and peeked into the garage just to make sure she was still there...

Ok, now you can tell me how disturbed I am, followed by any other disturbing dreams you might want to share.

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice :D

Dont get me started on dreams!!! I am an avid...AVID sleep walker! Like 3-4 times a week. I get up and I am awake but not awake if you know what I mean? I am completely coherent and know exactly what I am doing, I just dont realize its a dream. I think its all real. But I remember most of it when I am finally snapped back into reality.

The other night I woke up and I was looking all over my room for my kids tooth. I was on my hands and knees in the pitch dark feeling the carpet. Wife gets up asking what the hell I am doing after turning the lights on. I tell her im looking for the kids tooth. I know its here, I know it is. She will yell at me and tell me im dreaming and I will snap back to and start laughing about it... she doesnt find it funny anymore since I do it so often.

Lets see, another one I woke up, ran across the room like I was racing or something. Grabbed my wifes beanie hat on our computer stand, pulled the covers off the wife. She woke up. I start yelling (happy yell)... "YOU WANT SOME OF THIS...? YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?!?!?" AND spiked her hat down on the ground haha. So embarrassing.

I was asleep another night, my arm fell dead asleep from behind my head. I was asleep and dreaming about zombies or something. My arm fell on my chest and since it was completely dead, it felt like someone elses arm. I picked it up and tried to throw it off of me but it came back. Obviously... I flipped out. There were zombies now grabbing me. I bolted out the bed, ran up the stairs freakin out. :D

I will get up at night pull the blankets off the covers because there is bugs and spiders in the bed with us...

Last week I got up and my wife woke up to me standing directly facing the wall, like my nose was almost touching it, just staring at the wall... I cant remember what I was dreaming on that one...

I should start tape recording this crap... Lots of sleep talking, but I get up and actually do stuff quite often.

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice, that is awesome. I shouldn't say that because it's most likely a pain for you and your wife but you did have me laughing. I like the idea of recording it, make sure you share that with us if you do.:thumbup:
I think its great, but she works early in the morn so it pisses her off that I keep waking her up haha. And one time she caught me 1 step away from going down the stairs. I remember that one, but I dont remember being about ready to fall down the stairs. So I most likely would have since I dont remember the stairs. She also thinks I will freak out and grab the gun or something, thinking someone is in the house while I'm dreaming. Maybe I should see someone about this? :confused: :D

AngryAnt

Nice :D

Dont get me started on dreams!!! I am an avid...AVID sleep walker! Like 3-4 times a week. I get up and I am awake but not awake if you know what I mean? I am completely coherent and know exactly what I am doing, I just dont realize its a dream. I think its all real. But I remember most of it when I am finally snapped back into reality.

The other night I woke up and I was looking all over my room for my kids tooth. I was on my hands and knees in the pitch dark feeling the carpet. Wife gets up asking what the hell I am doing after turning the lights on. I tell her im looking for the kids tooth. I know its here, I know it is. She will yell at me and tell me im dreaming and I will snap back to and start laughing about it... she doesnt find it funny anymore since I do it so often.

Lets see, another one I woke up, ran across the room like I was racing or something. Grabbed my wifes beanie hat on our computer stand, pulled the covers off the wife. She woke up. I start yelling (happy yell)... "YOU WANT SOME OF THIS...? YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?!?!?" AND spiked her hat down on the ground haha. So embarrassing.

I was asleep another night, my arm fell dead asleep from behind my head. I was asleep and dreaming about zombies or something. My arm fell on my chest and since it was completely dead, it felt like someone elses arm. I picked it up and tried to throw it off of me but it came back. Obviously... I flipped out. There were zombies now grabbing me. I bolted out the bed, ran up the stairs freakin out. :D

I will get up at night pull the blankets off the covers because there is bugs and spiders in the bed with us...

Last week I got up and my wife woke up to me standing directly facing the wall, like my nose was almost touching it, just staring at the wall... I cant remember what I was dreaming on that one...

I should start tape recording this crap... Lots of sleep talking, but I get up and actually do stuff quite often.
Not to make light of the trouble it causes you, but LOL'd. Hard.

I actually have quite the opposite problem. My worst nights, especially when I'm either on meds or when I take a nap in the late evening, I have a similar recurring dream. I've had it since I was 20 years old, perhaps sooner than that and I don't really remember. I started remembering them after I got married.

I'm told they're called Night Terrors, and that kids get them and grow out of them, and got whatever @#$ed reason I started getting them later in life.

Basically, I'm asleep, I know I'm asleep, I know exactly where I am, when I am, with perfect clarity of thought, except no matter what I do, I can't wake up. My wife says there's folklore related to this problem, they called it something like "witch sitting on my chest." The actual dream slightly varies but it carries the same problems.

I "wake up" (but I'm still asleep), exactly where I'm at. If I'm laying on the couch, the dream is in the living room, if I'm in the the bed, its in the bedroom, that part never varies. I know I'm asleep, but can't move. It feels similar to your arm being completely dead, but my whole body. As time move along, I get control of two things: my breathing, and I can make slight noises. Like sleep walking, I'm doing these things "IRL" too. I know inside the dream if I'm actually laying by my wife, and I try to push my breathing / moaning because I know I can't wake myself, and my wife eventually will.

The actual dream: I always "wake up" where I'm actually laying, the room is always exactly 1:1 to "reality", except there's something at the edge / corner of the room. It isn't tangible, but a form, a darkness. I don't know what it is, but I know it's watching me, to a degree peering into my soul. That sounds crazy, but these dreams send my body into a pure, unadulterated, sheer form of terror that I have no control over. I suffer through the terror for a number of minutes, steadily increasing, until I finally have control of my breath / mouth a little, I begin hyperventilating terribly and eventually making noise. At this point my wife usually hears my breathing / noise and hits me until I wake up. It really freaks her out, but luckily she knows I can't control it. The feeling of pure terror persists for quite a few minutes after I wake up.

Once, several months ago, I took a muscle relaxer I had never taken before, fell asleep on the couch, my wife left me and went to bed, ergo she wasn't there to wake me up. I descended into one of these terrors like never before, and with nobody to wake me up, I'd say it lasted for a good 10-15 minutes. When my wife woke me up, I was screaming bloody murder at the top of my lungs, with tears streaming from my eyes, so loudly she come running from the other side of the house. I never took that med again, and I go to bed with my wife if at all possible now, because it was simply that disturbing.

I remember waking up thinking to myself that I had seen / felt something that my mind wasn't meant to comprehend, and that I had seen something old or ancient. It cross my mind perhaps I had seen something not so indifferent to the inconceivable perceptions some of the great horror writers wrote about (like Lovecraft). I've thought more than once about turning into a story / book, just to get it out of my system.

If this sounds disturbing / crazy, it seemed that much more crazy when it happened. I'm a cold, logical type of personality, and not superstitious in the least. I do not believe in ghosts, demons, heaven, hell, etc, etc.

Ok, now you know *exactly* how disturbed I am :)

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Fizzer6R

the only same dream I seem to have about every couple years that I wake up disturbed from is - I'm fighting with this person and then some way have a hollow pipe in my hand and stab them in the neck, it sticks and then blood starts pouring out the pipe via neck...

don't recall if I've ever seen that in a horror movie or not:confused: