Distracted driver!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I am absolutely livid this morning after riding to work! :rant: I probably encountered the worst distracted driver ever!!

The person was traveling well above the posted speed limit, running red lights, weaving around traffic, eating a bowl of cereal, listening to music with earbuds, checking himself in the rear view mirror, and here's the kicker.......

...it was an OFFICER OF THE LAW!!!!

:spank::rant::spank::rant::spank::rant::spank::rant:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Catch him on video? That would be a priceless youtube vid....

I think that's why I've kept my camera handy even when riding to work and home.... just to post up "the worst driver" award videos
I wish! I really need to get a camera.

I even tried to keep up with him to get the squad car's number, but I was doing 60 mph indicated in a posted 40 mph. Didn't need for him to stop and get me, or get busted by another officer. The squad car number was even obscured, and I could stay close enough to get the plate number. :(

Chip

wow.. its times like these you really wish you could just video tape the "cop" doing that... i really hate cops who do that, not only do they endanger others, but they set a bad example for the majority of men and women who are great officers since most people who see that and say thats why i hate "the police"..

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

that's uber no bueno...

i can barely eat a breakfast bar while driving (stick). he was eating a bowl of cereal???

damn...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

WenMark

I am absolutely livid this morning after riding to work! :rant: I probably encountered the worst distracted driver ever!!

The person was traveling well above the posted speed limit, running red lights, weaving around traffic, eating a bowl of cereal, listening to music with earbuds, checking himself in the rear view mirror, and here's the kicker.......

...it was an OFFICER OF THE LAW!!!!

:spank::rant::spank::rant::spank::rant::spank::rant:
Probably the best thing to do is to call the police department and report it. They can send out a memo to all officers reminding them of their official duties/ethics. Not wise to single out an individual, he could be a newbie rookie and the senior guys will put him in his place. JMO

bjs045

Yeah I want to get 2 GoPro HD's and record every ride I go on. Just in case something happens and I'll have video proof. Its that C.Y.A factor, even if the unthinkable happens, my family will know the truth.

I do live in the South Bay/Los Angeles Area...California has the highest death rate of motorcyclist in the nation. So high in 2008 (or 09) FBI began an investigation.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah I want to get 2 GoPro HD's and record every ride I go on. Just in case something happens and I'll have video proof. Its that C.Y.A factor, even if the unthinkable happens, my family will know the truth.

I do live in the South Bay/Los Angeles Area...California has the highest death rate of motorcyclist in the nation. So high in 2008 (or 09) FBI began an investigation.
Think I may actually start doing that with my GoPro... No harm in just recording every ride. If nothing eventful happens, just delete it off the card. Would be cool to see everyones vids! Get us all recording, someone is bound to catch something cool (hopefully not dangerous/crash stuff).

I saw a vid of a guy recording, then some car through trash out the window (think it was a soda cup), he stopped, picked it up, caught up to them and tossed it back in their open window. Could prob get you in trouble, but it was classic!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem with recording everything is that some states have laws against recording conversations without permission. So-called "wire-tap" laws. So, as long as no words are exchanged or you get permission, then recording just the events should be okay.

Some of you may remember the thread about the guy going to jail after having recorded a conversation with a police officer that stopped him after he was riding like a douche. :rolleyes:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjs045

The only problem with recording everything is that some states have laws against recording conversations without permission. So-called "wire-tap" laws. So, as long as no words are exchanged or you get permission, then recording just the events should be okay.

Some of you may remember the thread about the guy going to jail after having recorded a conversation with a police officer that stopped him after he was riding like a douche. :rolleyes:
From what I understand the issue about that was the officer asked him if it was recording and he said no. If you say yes the officer will ask you to turn it off.

On that note I would not proceed to turn off the cam until I received permission. I wouldn't want the cop to think i was going for a gun.

I recall another video where a cop shoots a motocyclist in the back!

I may be mistaken though...anyone else have info?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

but couldn't u record everything & make a copy of the video footage without the audio, or is that not allowed either?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member