Ding, hit 1K you know what that means!

CtrlAltDl

Just coming home and hit the freeway with no traffic and looked down and realize the odometer said 1,000. I turned to my wife and told her you know what that means, so she proceed to hang on tight and I opened the bike up for the first time.
:wav:

CtrlAltDl

Of course that means I gotta dump the dino oil and put in the synthetic Rotella-T now.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

creggur

:steve: :steve:

Superzoom

Glad you're finally getting to open her up! Finishing the break in period is like being let off a leash. Man, did it ever feel good doing 100 for the first time.

You might want to go for one more oil change with the dino. It is of course debatable, but some people feel dino allows an engine to break in better, and your engine still isn't broken in after 1000 miles. As I said, debatable.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

bmw675

congrats, i was lucky my break in period was the same for me and the bike, new rider. i didn't have a problem waiting a few miles before i opened her up.

:cheer: rah rah rah, kick em in the bra :cheer: tis tis tis, leave after the down shift! :cheer:

okay I know that was dumb but congratz!
:shakehead: i guess they let anyone be a moderator :shakehead: :justkidding:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

creggur

vitrox

man, i rallied the crap outta mine after the first 100 miles. Ride it like you stole it. Breakin periods are up to much debate. I go by the ride it in the first miles the way you'll ride it for the life of the bike rule. Never had a problem yet.

JonKerr

Elite Member

ramflyer1899

Just coming home and hit the freeway with no traffic and looked down and realize the odometer said 1,000. I turned to my wife and told her you know what that means, so she proceed to hang on tight and I opened the bike up for the first time.
:wav:
Means you could have done that 1000 miles ago!! :):D:)