crazy speed trap

CrazyCawi

Okay so I was traveling down 494 today heading to work. Normally I never see any cops in the area, so I cruise around 85ish, traffic flows 75-80ish.....here is the kicker...its a 60mph zone. Today Im cruising and my radar goes off alarming me of use of laser in the area. I slow down to 60... suddenly it alerts me I have been targeted. Haha...I'm already down to the speed limit. Then I look off to my high left and see an unmarked squad car hidden in the bushes behind the over pass. As I came through and under the over pass, on the right hand side there sat 3 dodge charger srt8's and 2 crown vic's with there cherrys' lit and they all took off after people. Every single cop got one! It was an amazing site, I have never seen a speed trap like that, and to watch the drivers faces go pale white and think "oh shit" as they are getting pulled over for 15-20mph over was PRICELESS! I'm just glad I wasn't one of them today :)

Again, I have never seen a speed trap orchestrated so well, NO one knew this was coming! :surrender:

Spunky99

What radar system are you running?
It appears it was worth every penny.

Parcho

They did that in Tampa / Clearwater all the time. You'd get some biker cop hiding in the bushes after a bridge/causeway. Then you'd see a string of 10-15 cop cars waiting to pull people over.

Works all the time for them, especially on the Courtney Cambell Causeway, since its like 8 miles long, 4 lanes and a 60 mph speed limit... yea right.

Lucky you had your radar on.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Tmak73

I would like to be the third person to ask what detector your using? Where on 494 as well?

Gwai lo 2.0

They do the same thing on the 401 outside of Toronto, except they have timing marks painted on the side of the lanes so they can catch you speeding from a plane like 2000 feet up, then they radio all the info to the dozen waiting cruisers a few miles up the highway... F'rs!!!!!! :mad:

Radar detector won't help :(

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

They don't mess around in Canada do they

djf18374

Come on CC, why won't you tell us what detector you have???? PM me?

CrazyCawi

sorry I was on tapatalk

its the beltronics vector cost=$299: Its the best detector I've owned

Whether the threat is in North America or abroad, the Beltronics Vector 995 radar detector keeps you driving safely. As the industry leader in technology and innovation, the V995 accurately detects all US radar and laser bands (X, K, Ka) as well as the UK favorite-Ku. All bands are detected at the furthest possible distance including the newest "POP" mode Ka-band threat. With clear voice alerts, you can keep your eyes on the road, not the detector. And when it does alert, the mute button is right in easy reach on the included SmartPlug power cord.
Features

• 10x Range vs. Imports

• All Radar and Laser Band Coverage

• Multi-Sensor Laser Protection

• Digital "POP" Radar Alert

• Advanced AutoScan™ Processing

• Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Virtually Eliminates False Alerts

• Clear Digital Voice or Audio Alerts

• Easy-to-Use Options and Controls

• 7 Selectable Features

• Ultra-Bright High Definition Display

• Brightness Control with Dark Mode

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

holy wow thats cheap lol, i got mine 2 years ago :p

zues2525

LOL, they do this on Route 222 heading into Reading. Usually I see around 6 PA State Troopers sitting on the ramp. You can't see them until its to late. One unit will sit on the bridge that crosses over 222 and use radar or laser to check your speed. For most its game over.

Okay so I was traveling down 494 today heading to work. Normally I never see any cops in the area, so I cruise around 85ish, traffic flows 75-80ish.....here is the kicker...its a 60mph zone. Today Im cruising and my radar goes off alarming me of use of laser in the area. I slow down to 60... suddenly it alerts me I have been targeted. Haha...I'm already down to the speed limit. Then I look off to my high left and see an unmarked squad car hidden in the bushes behind the over pass. As I came through and under the over pass, on the right hand side there sat 3 dodge charger srt8's and 2 crown vic's with there cherrys' lit and they all took off after people. Every single cop got one! It was an amazing site, I have never seen a speed trap like that, and to watch the drivers faces go pale white and think "oh shit" as they are getting pulled over for 15-20mph over was PRICELESS! I'm just glad I wasn't one of them today :)

Again, I have never seen a speed trap orchestrated so well, NO one knew this was coming! :surrender:

slaythoven

bmw675

1st: do they really hide in the bushes there, or was that just a figure of speech.

2nd: Ive seen one cop sitting at an overpass, everyone thought they were clear but the next exit up (3 miles), there sits 15 marked cars that already know which ones they are to get.

Its terrible when you are riding with the flow of traffic 10 over, thinking, they will never pick me out. then they end up getting the whole group. :mad: oh well....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

1st: do they really hide in the bushes there, or was that just a figure of speech.

2nd: Ive seen one cop sitting at an overpass, everyone thought they were clear but the next exit up (3 miles), there sits 15 marked cars that already know which ones they are to get.

Its terrible when you are riding with the flow of traffic 10 over, thinking, they will never pick me out. then they end up getting the whole group. :mad: oh well....
#1 yes, they have a dirt road section that leads down to a little spot which tucks them into some higher grass areas, in this case the rig was primer paint color and blended smooth with the concrete baracade on the other side of the car.

#2 I know, fortunately Ive never had it happen but I saw it today lol :eek:

That's not the one CC has. He has the V995, which Amazon has for about $200. What the difference is, aside from price, I couldn't tell you.
Yeah mines the best I could buy from the brand about 2 years ago :)

LOL, they do this on Route 222 heading into Reading. Usually I see around 6 PA State Troopers sitting on the ramp. You can't see them until its to late. One unit will sit on the bridge that crosses over 222 and use radar or laser to check your speed. For most its game over.
Its a smart thing to do. In todays case I think they realised that alot of people drive atr a higher rate of speed and are comfortable, so they decided to crack down on this road. its not irregular for me to be driving 90mph in this area....not anymore :eek: