Cee Baileys needs a loaner FZ6R in Los Angeles area

hockeymom

Joe at Cee Baileys is looking for a loaner FZ6R at their LA-area location so they can create a touring windscreen. I don't have all the details, but here's what I know:

"If you happen to live near Los Angeles or possibly know somebody who does please let me know. Were in need of the bike right now and have a loaner to offer, in return there will be a few comp shields and a hundred bucks to who ever brings us the bike. If you can make the happen there would also be a few comp shields for you as well."

Pretty good deal for the right person.

I just spoke with Joe and he'd like the bike ASAP -- Monday wouldn't be too soon -- and he only needs it for 1-2 days. The end result will be a lot like this FZ6 version:

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fz6_07_ws.html

Contact info:

6900 Acco St., Montebello CA 90640

[email protected]
1 (800) 788-0618

Last edited:
Too bad I am not close, or they could have mine. Tell them to make it as tall and wide as possible. I will buy the first one off the assembly line.

hockeymom

I think the sizes shown on that fz6 link are close -- 20, 22 and 24" heights and 19" width.

And I get the first one -- after the nice person who provides the bike. ;)

CDN6R

Hello Hockeymom and welcome to the forum!! Our family is just starting to "gear" up for the hockey season now as I have 2 kids (boy/girl) that play. Summer baseball is finishing so soon we will be off to the rink! People here in this forum are great and you will get lots of good advice and infor too! So please tell us more about you bike and riding experiance. :canada:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

hockeymom

I'll bump this one time just in case an LA rider missed the original. It would be nice to have a touring windscreen option for the FZ6R.

atomoverride

i dropped joe an email, im going in for surgery on friday so I wont need my bike for a week to 30 days.

Anyways. Joe, hit me up when you get a chance.

atomoverride

If you want you can send me your email address or other contact info. I'm going to call Joe tomorrow -- don't think he's on this forum... You can email me at [email protected].

Talked to Joe this morning. Hockeymom Joe would like you to contact him in regards to this. He will be picking up my bike this afternoon. Thanks to everyone for replying and grabbing my attention. And thanks for Joe for the hookup of some shields, and to Hockeymom for the posting. Cant wait to see the bike after I get out of surgery. =)

Bigevildoer

Hello Hockeymom and welcome to the forum!! Our family is just starting to "gear" up for the hockey season now as I have 2 kids (boy/girl) that play. :canada:

Hockey is definitely gearing up!
Just refereed 4 games this weekend - Bantam and Midget AAA mini tournaments...

I'm really paying for riding my bike too much this summer instead of exercising much - probably the worst shape I've been in going into a hockey season... :eek:

hockeymom

Excellent!! I'll give Joe a call and see what's up. I wish you the best with your surgery -- get back on two wheels soon. And thanks from those of us looking for a touring screen. I can't wait to get one!

hockeymom

No guarantees, but Joe at Cee Baileys is planning to offer the new touring windscreen at an introductory price of for about $100 for a week. If he's able to follow through on that it'll be a great deal on a nice upgrade. Joe hopes to have the new screen ready in about a week.

atomoverride

surgery went good. I am now home. last message I got from Joe was that he was on his 2nd mold. he seems like a perfectionist, so anything he ends up with will be head above the rest. I let him know its ok to keep the bike longer, as lets face it I wont be able to ride it for a few more weeks anyways.

No guarantees, but Joe at Cee Baileys is planning to offer the new touring windscreen at an introductory price of for about $100 for a week. If he's able to follow through on that it'll be a great deal on a nice upgrade. Joe hopes to have the new screen ready in about a week.

Sign me up for one.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

atomoverride

Got an update from Joe last friday. Seems after 3 molds on the bike, they have one that meets their standards. And Joe did confirm they will be doing a 1 week promo of the shield for 100$. I should be getting my bike back sometime next week, Joe has been real good about communication and keeping me updated.

Anyways thought you guys should know whats up, also I did get a shield for my cousin's DRZ-400sm and the quality of the shield is just off the hook.

atomoverride

OH SNAP! Joe just sent me a couple of teaser pics. OH MAN it looks slick!

I should be getting my bike back soon, and the whole process with Joe and Cee Baileys has been just great! Very professional and just plain top notch.

Thanks to Joe for the pics, i'll snap a few when I get it back and post them later.

Attachments

• DSCN0883.jpg
    DSCN0883.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0891.jpg
    DSCN0891.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29

owldaddy

That looks awesome, I can't wait to hear about how well it works. The smoked shield really looks good on a black machine.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

atomoverride

I don't know... the FZ6 one that I looked at was neat. But I'm not sure about this one. I might stick with my custom one and polish it up some more... let us know how it feel at let say 80 mph. Compare with the few I tested, it look like this one will flex up and down at freeway speed. If you look at mine, right behind the mirrors I had to add a fastener on each side right on top to keep it from moving so much. But hey! It's the best available so far. Thanks!

to be fair, this might be the EXTRA tall one that Joe volunteered to make for me since I am 6'5"