Anyone live in Los Angeles, CA? I'm moving!

Fenixgoon

Moving from Maryland to Los Angeles, CA. Got an engineering job in the Playa Vista area and need a place to live, preferably within 10-15 minutes travel time (not 405 travel time :p)

would really really really really like a garage to store a car and bike. I'm actually hoping to commute on my bike most days :)

Any help or suggestions would be super duper appreciated! I only have 6 weeks to move all my crap :eek::eek:

Kdubb223

Hope you like traffic/smog/idiot drivers/high gas prices/ and everything else bad about Southern Cal.

But it's all worth it for the year round riding weather :D

Detrich

Congrats.... I think Playa Vista is off the 5 & 2 freeways? Not totally sure... But, you ought to be able to find plenty of affordable apts in that general area. Glendale, Silver Lake, Downtown LA, Eagle Rock, Burbank etc are all nearby I think.

UncleHilty

Playa vista is a beach community near marina del Rey and westchester many high tech companies are moving there. I live 5 min away feel free to pm me will be happy to help. Oh and once ur here let's ride!

Detrich

I thought that is Playa Del Rey?

2 different places or am I confused?

UncleHilty

Playa vista is just an area named by the developers. It is right next to playa del Rey the marina and westchester/Loyola Marymount university.

Fenixgoon

Congrats.... I think Playa Vista is off the 5 & 2 freeways? Not totally sure... But, you ought to be able to find plenty of affordable apts in that general area. Glendale, Silver Lake, Downtown LA, Eagle Rock, Burbank etc are all nearby I think.
the trick is finding a place with a garage. PITA :p

Detrich

If u live in an apt, see if u can store the bike inside ur apt unit. Otherwise, get a heavy duty chain and always chain it to something. One of my friends had his chained Hayabusa stolen from his apt garage in Brentwood. and that thing is huge.

JSP

Super Moderator

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Jvjr9902

riding buddy

any other beginner rider in socal? I just bought my first bike thats not a cruiser and getting familiar with it.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

I'm in Venice Beach, not far from Playa Vista, though likely moving sometime soon. Probably won't go all that far away, but don't need the cost of the beach.

There's a bunch of stuff around here, but finding a garage will be the challenge. On the plus side, our bike isn't stolen all that frequently. I see two of them parked on the street near me all the time. My girlfriends' apartment complex has a guy who parks his Nnja 650 outside in their parking area and it's been fine for more than a year. He keeps a cover on it. I'd be much more concerned about supersport theft around here than anything else.
i'm kinda surprised that people don't go for just about any faired bike. maybe bike thieves are a little more picky? :p