Biker Gets rear ended caught on video!

Stricken

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BccVeAurI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Man.......I was hoping he just laid her out when she was walking up! I don't understand what is so hard about looking in front of you!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Sage

Wow... I'm so glad the bike bucked, if it didn't he wouldn't have been around to put the video up...

I woulda been telling that woman to back away.

Spunky99

This is why I wear a helmet cam.
She would have claimed he made a lane change and cut her off if he didn't have proof. I also watch the rear views and leave myself an escape if I can.
Glad he was a bull rider and landed on his feet. Bike looked totaled.

bjs045

This almost happened to me once on a 2 lane carpool during stop and go traffic. Apparently she so kindly decided to just stop and let me pass, meanwhile the chrysler 300 that was behind me locked up his breaks. I dumped the clutch and narrowly split between her and the flow of traffic from the other lane. I stopped right next to her and shook my head, then looked back as the 300 came to a stop where i just left. As I shook my head at her again she became angry and yell "I was just trying to let you pass!!"

lesson learned.....always check your mirrors when you stop suddenly. Always down shift while breaking hard (MSF 101). If I wasn't in 1st gear, I might not have made it out!

Detrich

holy crap.... :( looks like he's okay though. Looks like it was another middle age woman in a big car that did it. She probably went into shock just like the rider did. I totally agree that drivers who cause accidents also need to learn how to remain calm, or they can make things worse. Best thing would've been to just ask if he's ok and ask him to walk over and sit down by the curb, and then call for help. Would've been much better than throwing her arms up like she did.

anyways... i totally recognize that neighborhood! for my fellow Angelinos, that looks like Vermont Ave- south of Beverly Blvd and south of the 101, just northeast of K-town... <lol> i used to have to drive through there when I commuted to the west side... and, i can attest, firsthand, that traffic in that area is THE worst.

i actually got into a fender bender near there when i was heading east on Beverly on my home from work. it's 4 lanes, 2 each direction. this middle aged asian woman was in an Acura MDX parked on the opposite side of the road stopped by the curb. and she suddenly jolted from a dead stop right across the double yellow heading into me. i saw her at that split second, stomped on my gas (i think i was in 2nd gear), and swerved to my right to avoid getting hit. but, she still nicked my driver's rear quarter. my reflexes totally saved my car. but, the poor guy directly behind me got hit head on. not only did his car get completely totalled, but his passenger was bleeding all over the asphalt and she was refusing hospital transport when the paramedics came- because she had no health insurance. :( i felt sad for them. they looked like college students heading home or something. i'm sure Larry H. Parker will get them some money... <lol> (ok bad joke.)

anyhoo drive safely everyone...

JSP

Super Moderator
Why did the vehicle in front of the bike come to a stop? Obviously no excuse for what happened... just wondering what is going on. Looks like the other lanes of traffic keep moving but the center lane person in front of the bike just came to a stop in the middle of the road.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

frelay

C'mon guys... Don't be so harsh on the poor woman, she was sooo sorry! :rant:

We always have more to loose than everybody else whenever we go for a ride. Just another perfect example reminding us to expect the unexpectable. Everything that moves is a potential danger as well as everything else that is just sitting there, patiently waiting for you.

stuna

IN THIS CASE , DID WE LEARN ANYTHING
leave room so you dont get sandwitched in the middle . and if they were off to the side , may have got pushed past the van . if they were off to side , and were looking in the mirrors , for someone coming you would be able to get out of the way

CDN6R

To me the woman's responce was genuine. I am sure that she was in some shock too just as the rider was. At least she did not flee the scene as some people would. But my God this was an eye opener.!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chucker

I've seen a car go right through a bike and the rider did a backwards somersault over the car and landed on his butt behind it.

I always check my mirrors when stopping, even in a car. I've had a couple of times on the highway where I could stop, but hit the shoulder because I saw the guy behind me couldn't stop. One time he hit the car that was in front of me.

Whenever driving a car or a bike, you need to always be thinking about where you'll go if something happens. Leaving yourself an "out" at all times keeps you alert. You also need to always expect that people will do something stupid. I don't know how many times I've had someone pull out of a sideroad in front of me after they sat watching me approach, wondering if they had time. If you expect it, you can react in time to avoid it.