Bike Week 2012

TokenSSDD

I know this might be kind of early but is anyone planning on going to Bike Fest in Daytona. I know there was big gathering during Biketoberfest but I missed it because of work. I already put in for that weekend off so this time I'M GOING DANG IT!!! LOL. Anyone else? I'll probably ride down with a few bikers I know around here...

behindXgrnXeyes

Haven't really thought about it....I know our next florida FZ6R meetup will be more BBQ and ride then walking around a bike show...it was just so many people flying around and i just wouldnt want to ride my bike in that mess to much...and bike fest is probably bigger...lol

TokenSSDD

That'd be cool too. I was just throwing out a feeler since I know I'll be at this one. I didn't know if anyone would be doing anything sooner.

cavcuz05

Im down for whatever...just need dates

TokenSSDD

Im down for whatever...just need dates
It's March 9-18. I'm only going on one Saturday though. I just need to figure out which one.

cavcuz05

It's March 9-18. I'm only going on one Saturday though. I just need to figure out which one.
shoot me a pm once time gets closer and ill ride down with you

RonnieBlaze

me and a friend with a fz6 are planning on making the trip from georgia for bike week. were not sure where were staying at yet thoe

KeysRider3

Bike Week is definitely larger (at least double the participants) than Biketoberfest, and there are more vendors/activities/shows. Most of the hotels/motels have minimum stays, and prices that are considerably more than their rack rates. If you're willing to stay in Deltona or Orange City (20 minute ride in/out) you can get a good room, and there are plenty of places to eat that don't raise their prices. If you haven't already made a reservation you should do it now. Most of the real action is north of Daytona proper, although most of the manufacturers have setups/demos at the raceway. Flagler's a pretty cool place to stay but rooms to rent are pretty limited. There's been a lot of bike theft in past years, so lock your baby to something permanent. The Daytona PD now has a special task force that operates ("bait" bikes) during both bike weeks to nab the bad guys/gals. All things considered you owe it to yourself to go!

Last edited:

TokenSSDD

We'll keep this thread updated as we get closer. I'll try to post a list of events so we know what to plan around if anyone wants to do anything. I'm thinking eat-and-greet like last time but I'm game for whatever.

Ride-or-Die

I'm going to go for sure, biketoberfeat was fun but I was with a pack of geyser glides. Looking forward to bikes babes and supercross

BoneJj

what other events do they have over there this year?

I want to go there for this one but IDK if I will be able to.

KeysRider3

what other events do they have over there this year?

I want to go there for this one but IDK if I will be able to.
At the Speedway you'll find manufacturers with demo bikes, a motocross race sponsored by Honda, the AMA Pro Flat Track race, and the Daytona 200 Motorcycle race. There are events at other venues spread around a 20 mile radius from the Speedway, and more opportunities to get hit by a Harley or a cage than you can ever imagine! Be sure to wear your gear!!

BoneJj

At the Speedway you'll find manufacturers with demo bikes, a motocross race sponsored by Honda, the AMA Pro Flat Track race, and the Daytona 200 Motorcycle race. There are events at other venues spread around a 20 mile radius from the Speedway, and more opportunities to get hit by a Harley or a cage than you can ever imagine! Be sure to wear your gear!!
what speedwday are you talking about?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FZ6Rican

Im going to ride over from tampa with my buddy that also has a 6r, let me know when everyone is going so we can set up some rooms before they are all booked.

BoneJj

Im going to ride over from tampa with my buddy that also has a 6r, let me know when everyone is going so we can set up some rooms before they are all booked.
"
Rooms are probably already slim pickings as it is right now. You might have to stay out of town to get something and prices will be going up if they aren't already.....

I'm not 100% that I'm going just yet...