Bike Week 2012

TokenSSDD

im going down on saturday for wings and what not
When are you leaving? I'm thinking early... My friend told me the lines to demo were pretty insane by 11 and I'm trying to get on a Daytona 675R.

2011FZ6R

When are you leaving? I'm thinking early... My friend told me the lines to demo were pretty insane by 11 and I'm trying to get on a Daytona 675R.
Lines are really crazy. I did the Kawasaki demo's and I got there at 10 (Sign ups started at 8) and all the Z1000's, Ninja 1000's, and ZX10R's were already gone. I went to the BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealer later in the day on Beach St. and the demo's were closing up, so I can't really say anything about those. I would have loved to taken out a 675R though. My dad almost bought the one in the showroom :p

TokenSSDD

Lines are really crazy. I did the Kawasaki demo's and I got there at 10 (Sign ups started at 8) and all the Z1000's, Ninja 1000's, and ZX10R's were already gone. I went to the BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealer later in the day on Beach St. and the demo's were closing up, so I can't really say anything about those. I would have loved to taken out a 675R though. My dad almost bought the one in the showroom :p
And exactly where on Beach St. might I find said dealers? Details man details! LOL. :D

2011FZ6R

And exactly where on Beach St. might I find said dealers? Details man details! LOL. :D
It's all one dealer. It's right where the bridge is that goes over to Main St. Right at the base on Beach St. Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha demos are all at the track on the west side. I would highly recommend going early if you want to demo. Kawasaki demo's started at 9 and signups started at 8.

BoneJj

It's sorta hard to tell, but I grabbed a handful of front brake and the rear end came up

Im thinking about it...depends how I feel. Right now I'm sick as a dog :/
yeah, that could be a nasty little surprise right there. I have only done a couple stoppies in my time and they scare the ever lovin shit out of me every time they happen.

2011FZ6R

yeah, that could be a nasty little surprise right there. I have only done a couple stoppies in my time and they scare the ever lovin shit out of me every time they happen.
This is true lol. My dad was behind me on a Ninja 650 when it happened and thought I was trying to show off :eek:

I see you have a Vulcan 900. I demo'd one of those as well since there was an available bike when the cruisers went out. I took out the classic LT. I was disappointed.

BoneJj

This is true lol. My dad was behind me on a Ninja 650 when it happened and thought I was trying to show off :eek:

I see you have a Vulcan 900. I demo'd one of those as well since there was an available bike when the cruisers went out. I took out the classic LT. I was disappointed.
and that's why I'm selling it.... lmao. no seriously I love the bike, it's a nice cruiser and I'd like to keep it but I just need something that's better for me. With my injuries that I have I can't take any kind of rattle and no matter the v-twin it will have rattle/shake and it really upsets my leg. That's why I'm after the ninja 1k, I'd really love it if honda would make a damn full fairing option for the cb1000r but they still don't. If they did that would be the ultimate bike right there.

2011FZ6R

and that's why I'm selling it.... lmao. no seriously I love the bike, it's a nice cruiser and I'd like to keep it but I just need something that's better for me. With my injuries that I have I can't take any kind of rattle and no matter the v-twin it will have rattle/shake and it really upsets my leg. That's why I'm after the ninja 1k, I'd really love it if honda would make a damn full fairing option for the cb1000r but they still don't. If they did that would be the ultimate bike right there.
Yeah I wasn't too pleased with it..

I really wanted to take the Ninja 1000 or Z1000 out but they were all gone for the day :(

TokenSSDD

I went down yesterday. It was a lot of fun, but it was super crowded, which is to be expected since it was Bike Week/St. Patrick's Day/Spring Break. I managed to sneak in a GSX-R1000 and R1 demo. I had signed up earlier for the Ducati Diavel demo but I ran out of time. Saw a lot of cool customs. I uploaded a lot of the pics in my albums if anyone wants to take a look...

Side note: The demos were brutal. If you didn't sign up by about 8:30 it wasn't happening. Good thing I left at 6 AM lol. That being said, I had a ton of fun on that GSX-R1000. I might have to pick one up next year. I was excited about hopping on the R1 but I didn't walk away that impressed. I really wanted to demo the Daytona 675R but the Triumph dealer wasn't doing them. Sad face :(.

miketriebsch

Damn! I rode all week out there I never saw any fz6rs. We must have Missed each other everytime.