best frame sliders

fz6r marc

hello, new to forum and had many close calls (mostly when stopped). I need no cut frame sliders which ones are most recommended? thanks

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Grayce

Hi Uno - I, too, am new to the forum and my T-Rex's showed up yesterday-was going to put them on over the weekend. Would I just be replacing the bolts with the same type because the threading is manufactured incorrectly, or am I looking for something completely different at HD or Lowes? Thank you for your guidance!

columbus2382

i have the oes accessories sliders i like the design of them. the web site is Frame Sliders cheaper if u go to there website then ebay.

SSgtBaarnes

These are the ones I went with. I believe I bought them from NewEnough though but it's been awhile. The install was easy, didn't even have to fully remove the fairings. I think it all comes down to personal choice as far as what you want to spend / what kind of look you're going for. All the sliders mentioned above also have great reviews on this forum as well as out on the road.

FZ6R 2009 (EFS-91)

J.J.

I installed intuitive brand no cut sliders like insured gal. There is even a diy write up on them here.

JSP

Super Moderator
I just ordered some Shogun no cut sliders for my R6. I'll let ya know thier quality when they get here.

fz6r marc

thanks , just purchased some.

thanks for those who replied, I have just purchased a set off of ebay, they are no-name NO CUTS, has anyone used these? are they any good? If anyone installed them, let me know if I need to use extra parts (change the bolts, or extra washers to keep off frame?) thanks again.

JSP

Super Moderator
The biggest point about frame sliders is how they handle in a crash. You dont want them to just snap off, and you dont want them to be completely rigid and solid.

You want them to absorb the impact and most likely bend a little bit. Other wise if they are solid they transfer all the energy to the frame and other parts of the bike.

If they just snap, then they wont help much.

JSP

Super Moderator
Just got and installed my Shogun Sliders in literally 5 minutes! They look really good quality to me. Very sturdy. I can stand on them while they are installed haha. Wont recommend that though! ;)

I didnt even have to remove my left fairing like most said I would. My extension fit right in there and it was a breeze. Not sure how easy they are to install on the FZ, but i've had the fairings off the FZ many times and thats a breeze in itself. The R6 is a PITA getting the fairings on and off :(

I used the sockets with the allen hex sticking out of it. Very handy to have!

I would indeed recommend the Shogun sliders!

Mart Man FZ6R

thanks for those who replied, I have just purchased a set off of ebay, they are no-name NO CUTS, has anyone used these? are they any good? If anyone installed them, let me know if I need to use extra parts (change the bolts, or extra washers to keep off frame?) thanks again.
Why do people come on here, fail to use the search feature, get really good advice, then go buy something that nobody's using when you could have just done this in the first place. I don't get it. :mad::mad:

OK rant over.

fz6r marc

because...

i just wanted to see what everyone was using. Just more info. However, I purchased a pair off no-name slider off of ebay that turned out to be great quality, didn't need me to remove my fairing, and cost about half as much as most. I took a gamble and it paid off. Makes u wonder why noone else has recommended these.

JSP

Super Moderator
Like said above, the biggest thing to watch out for on the No-Names is the hardware used. I have no clue what grade, etc. those bolts are and how they will handle in a lay down.