Auxiliary Lights Options

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

I've been looking around and searching for few days for a few good options as far as auxiliary lights. If you have some give us a quick review of what you got and where it is install.

In my case I tried a set of Advance Auto Parts fog lights for $25.00. I mounted them on the lower triple three with a custom bracket. I aim them to give me a wider range of vision. I liked them a lot.

They didn't last, that's what you get for $25.00! But that was a cheap test to make sure I need it or like it. The 2 x 55W Halogen fog light were drawing a bit too much juice too. It was ok (I think) if I use them on low beam but after 30-45 minutes at freeway speed I could see the high beam start flickering. Stop and go... that kill the battery! I had to bump start the bike.
Those had to be murder on your charging system. Be very careful about adding new electrical devices to a bike as the charging system can get fried and then you have to pen the engine to fix it.

The only good system out there that wont affect your charging system is the clearwater lights.
Products List

They are expensive but you will have load of light and can set them up a number of ways. Also they are adjustable so you can add in more light on the back roads and take it down on the main roads.

BoneJj

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

he's not looking to "be seen", he looking for better lighting so he can see the road. We had that discussion when he drove thru the area... the aux lights help fill the dark spots where the stock beam sorta falls off.
in that case he's more than likely going to want to spend the bucks on the clearwater system. They are expensive but do put out a good amount of light to see a lot more of the road.

But I do like those little bikevis leds, I think we all should have something like that on our bikes to make it easier for the other idiots to see us coming.

The problem with a lot of those ebay LEDs is that they don't have good heatsinks and tend to cook themselves pretty quick and if they have a temp sensor they will reduce power and then shut off until they cool down.

Last edited:

BoneJj

actually, looking around on bikevis, they also have a set of auxiliary lights available at a much lower cost and they look like they have some good heatsinking on them.

BikeVis Store | BikeVis Cree LED Auxiliary Lights

Certainly worth a look, I haven't found any videos on them just yet though, but there is a video on their site that may have a couple of them in there, I didn't read the description all that well.

BoneJj

Also I forgot to mention rigid industries, they have some very high powered LED systems for bikes as well but they tend to run even higher in the price range than most others but they are certainly worth looking at as well, they are LED systems.

There are a lot of options out there but the price tag on them never seems to be very kind on the pocket.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

flyingminno

Marthy, did you get the driving or the wide spread? I've been looking around for a light that casts the beam far rather than wide, so your input would be appreciated.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

flyingminno

Wow, that's definitely something to keep in consideration. I would definitely love to see pics when you have the chance!

Chevyfazer

My old man has a set of rigid lights and I have never in my life scene anything as bright as them!!! They are expensive but for what you get, worth every penny!

BoneJj

How did you mount your lights? I've been looking at them and can't seem to find a good method for mounting the lights.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member