ATTN: CA riders - ACH or Mulholland ride 1-11-14

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

so it seams as though we have at least 3 of us so far maybe 5 FZ6R's that are looking to take a ride to either Mulholland and angels crest this upcoming Saturday the 11th.

it could potentially be changed if we get enough members voting for Sunday instead. lets just get a head count first of members interested and we can go from there set up a final date and time.
I am in, either day is ok for me. I say 11am meet up at either ACH off the 210 or if you want to do Mulholland we can meet at my house or on Topanga off the 101.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I'm gonna be out that way in May, probably going to rent a Monster 796 or Evo 848 and ride Mulholland.
you should come NOW, isn't may and September your nice months ? :)
let me know I will meet you and give you the tour. Im sure there is a rental place around here somewhere. There was someone advertising a rentducati.com or something like that at the motorcycle show.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

We'll be using racyrentals. My buddy used them last year with no problem. Yea unfortunately I can't change the dates because we have a wedding to go to at the SD Zoo. I may rent a Gsx-r 600 too just to try out the newer machine :) Who knows, but cost will be an issue.
ahh, if your going to SD (my favorite city) and not L.A. Mulholland is quite a run, about 3 hours min. from san diego up to here.
Contact Jon kerr he lives down there and knows all the pacific runs down there. don't want to distract this thread but who gets married at the zoo? :)

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:
Yeah Mullholland is a longass ride from here. We have lots of good roads though. If you want I could probably take you out for a ride.

As for getting married at a Zoo, have you been to the SD Zoo? They do all kinds of things like that there as well as in Balboa Park. Its one of the most beautiful areas of the city.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I agree, they always have people getting married in Balboa Park. Lots of pictures to take around the historical buildings and floral garden. I'd like to try Mullholland myself one day. Unfortunately, I won't make it this time. :(

Billsbet0

How long is the ride? Start to finish? How much time should I plan? Not sure I can swing it with family things going on but if I have an idea on time I might be able to work something out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

latony007

How long is the ride? Start to finish? How much time should I plan? Not sure I can swing it with family things going on but if I have an idea on time I might be able to work something out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Not sure where Eastvale is but from the exit on the 210 the ride can range from about 1.5-2 hours to 4 depending on what route guys want to take. You can go up ACH, then back down Tujunja for the shorter end. or you can go about halfway up to newcombs ranch, a biker restaurant and then back down and that's about 3 to 4 I think. I haven't gone that far in a while. Saturday at 11 looks like the consensus and should have everyone home before dark.
Chris should just come up the 605 and head west on the 210 probably. someone was in riverside take the 91 east to the 57 north to the 210 west.
JT take the 5 and try not to fall asleep lol
we can go over more details but there is a shell station right off the freeway exit we can meet at. Has a big parking lot in the alley behind it.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

We are coming in on Saturday in LAX, renting a car, driving down to SD, then up to Thousand Oaks. So we will be in the area, we are driving down on Saturday, will be back in LA area on Monday which is when I plan to rent the bike.

A lot of people get married at the zoo! In fact they have a person dedicated to helping setup such events at that zoo :)

I'll be near Mullholland, not in SD when I rent the bike.
That is so funny, what a small world. I grew up in thousand oaks, went to T.O. high, why are you going there? My parents still live there and I work about 10 minutes from there. and btw I looked up racy rentals and its about an hour from t.o. to get to them so you know.

And yeah I know its a big zoo but weddings? that's one I have not heard. Balboa park yes. Maybe they should start at the wild animal park, have a lion be your best man lol.

ylwf3vr

Wish I was still there

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

One of my best friends moved there last year for a job, so we're going to go say with her for the remainder of our trip.

Racy will deliver the bike to a dealer that is about 30 minutes from my friends place :)
Good deal. Moved to thousand oaks because of a job would usually mean Amgen. Anyway do let me know when your heading up and if you need company for a ride I will meet you, but I get to try the ducati for a minute lol

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member