ATTN: CA riders - ACH or Mulholland ride 1-11-14

latony007

Thats the biggest reason i dont group ride anymore. The occasional ride with one or two other people i trust. But get a bunch of guys together, many who dont know eachother well, it turns into a dick waving contest. And sorry if i sound arrogant, but not many people are going to safely keep up with me in the canyons. I dont care what youre riding. Im not out there to win a race. Im just comfortable enough at that pace to know its no more than my 70%. And i know when and where i can get away with it and when and where to really back off. But that same pace is going to be the limit or over for a lot of guys on "faster" bikes. The guys i do ride with all know each other, know eachothers pace, and actually are willing to slow eachother down if we think someone is getting a little carried away. And were thankful for it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think that will be an issue. Im quite secure in my dick without having to try and kill myself to prove it, but im older, wiser and have kids lol. Somehow I think the knee dragging crowd you hang out with is not the norm lol. it will be a nice pleasant ride up the hill no one will be worried about having to keep up.

Detrich

I have to take my car in this Sat AM, otherwise I might come along... We'll see.

latony007

I have to take my car in this Sat AM, otherwise I might come along... We'll see.
you should, weather check shows 74 now on Saturday. Its going to have to get cold eventually so sucking up the rides while I can lol

What time will we meet at?
11am off the 2 exit. I will write up directions to the meeting place. your buddy coming?

knightmare

Man this ride sounds sick... I'm down to ride.... Post up time and place to meet and let's do this.... I might have an other 6r rider that might be able to go.... But big maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

Man this ride sounds sick... I'm down to ride.... Post up time and place to meet and let's do this.... I might have an other 6r rider that might be able to go.... But big maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great
i was going to wait a little longer but might as well...

Ok so 11am is the meet time. I believe everyone but me will be coming west on the 210 in which case exit Angeles Crest Highway 2 turn left away from the mountain. Once you cross over the freeway you will see a 76, im almost positive but it could be a shell i cant remember, up ahead on your right side. As you pull in their driveway if you stay to the right you will head down an alley behind it. go down that about 20 feet and you will see a big empty parking lot on your right side cant miss it. Pull in there around 11. We will give any late comers till like 1115. i have a couple route ideas we can choose from and then we can fill up and head up the hill. Will be cool to meet some other people in the area that had the class and intelligence to pick a Yamaha FZ6R, even if most of you have black LOL :eek:

Detrich

Is this the lot u r referring to?

latony007

Is this the lot u r referring to?

That rocks why didn't I think of that!!! Yep that's it, its kind on a hill so park toward the top where its flat. There is never cars there on a Saturday so the lot is usually empty (having said that they will probably have some company party there this weekend lol) Weather check went up another degree to 75 and from partly cloudy to mostly sunny :)
however if your like me and a complete cold wussy still bring some warm stuff, the temp there is always a few under my house and it gets colder as you go up.

Man I wish it was Friday!

latony007

now I want to play too :D, I still cant get my pictures in the message like you guys. I have given up on it lol.

here is another picture of the lot and here is a picture of what it should look like when you turn in except its old the gas station is completely done and it is a 76.

Attachments

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Thanks a lot Detrich now im going to be on google maps all day lol. Here are some more. We have a picture of the route up to newcombs ranch the biker restaurant up there in blue, in gold is the upper Tujunga route that we can split off so we will have a couple choices. Shorter ride we go up and split off at Tujunga, longer rider we go up to newcombs, come back down ACH and then split off to Tujunga. you could just come straight back down but going Tujunga is better.

Attachments

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

no fun

took some more pictures off the road view. I assume all you guys have been but JT has not, take a look at these. If this doesnt get you up for a ride....

Attachments

chrisnlb

Great
i was going to wait a little longer but might as well...

Ok so 11am is the meet time. I believe everyone but me will be coming west on the 210 in which case exit Angeles Crest Highway 2 turn left away from the mountain. Once you cross over the freeway you will see a 76, im almost positive but it could be a shell i cant remember, up ahead on your right side. As you pull in their driveway if you stay to the right you will head down an alley behind it. go down that about 20 feet and you will see a big empty parking lot on your right side cant miss it. Pull in there around 11. We will give any late comers till like 1115. i have a couple route ideas we can choose from and then we can fill up and head up the hill. Will be cool to meet some other people in the area that had the class and intelligence to pick a Yamaha FZ6R, even if most of you have black LOL :eek:
do u have the address?

Last edited:

latony007

do u know the address?
gas station address looks like 1001 foothill blvd. la canada flintridge. However its right off the freeway cant miss it. go over the freeway and its on your right

latony007

So this appears to be the final list. Everyone set for tomorrow at 11am? got my windjammer and fake gopro last night so i am all ready to go :D

L.A.Tony
JT
Chrislb
Billsbet (maybe)
cezell (+1 maybe)
Detrich
Knightmare

anyone has any questions or not going to show just PM me so we dont wait around for you. Hope to see everyone there.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member