Are you riding safe? Take this quiz!!

txjames

Elite Member

BoneJj

actually, here is the news article on this site:
» MAN CHARGED IN DEATH OF 26-YEAR-OLD FATHER DENIED BOND

It's the second half of that page that gets into the detail, just search for:
Sara J. Becker

The first part of the page is something else. But yeah, she was only a .10 alcohol level and she still managed to kill someone, the minor injuries they mention were not minor, her friend had her hand shredded by the windshield and it took something like 6 surgeries for her to get use of her hand bad and even still she has limited function of that hand.... pretty fucked up if you ask me.

BoneJj

I have multiple personal stories - that's why I believe it should be zero or negligible (.05 or less, for sure).

One was while I was in the service, one of the young ladies I worked with was killed in a single car accident. She was a passenger. When I worked at Special Ops Command, one of my coworkers lost his wife and 2 kids because a drunk driver crossed the centerline and hit their car head on.

Yes, this is a very personal issue, and I don't understand people who don't see it for what it is. Nobody is immune from the effects. They may think they've got a strong tolerance, but what a person under the influence thinks they are doing and what other people see them doing are two very different things.
I completely agree man, I've seen the affects of drivers who get behind the wheel drunk and it's not good. I've seen way too many close calls, way too many deaths.... It's just ridiculous. So far I've only talked about the experiences I've seen in relation to those that I knew personally but the reality is I have seen far more. I used to run on the rigs (ambulances) for the base up in Norfolk, Va. I can't even remember how many DUI accidents I had to help scrape people up off the side of the road or peal them out of cars and not to mention the ones they hurt in some way or another as a result of their DUI actions..... And most of the time, they were only in the lower ranges of alcohol... I'm talking .7-.12 and most of those were in the lower end of that even still. I had to be present at the blow tests and also had to hand carry and supervise and wait for the results of blood alcohol tests (chain of custody for the event we were called on to testify for a military hearing). Seeing as the base had a ZERO tolerance for on base DUI if you blew a .02 you were more than likely looking at being dishonorably discharged with a quickness.

I remember having to carry the paper work and testify before admirals on several occasions a result... Talk about a nerve racking experience the first couple times. After the first couple I got to be a bit of a pro at it, lol.

Bloke

Same here, I'll go out and get hammered like the rest if I'm not driving.

If I'm driving I'll have 1 beer if and only if I've got several (>3) hours before I'm driving again and eating food.

Normally I'll drink non alcoholic beer, or I'll just go for soft drinks if there is any sort of vehicle involved.

If I do drink, I'll pull the rear seats down grab a blanket and sleep it off in the back of the car.

On the bike I don't even contemplate it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Hethrir

going to chime in here, because its a big deal. do NOT drink and ride, one beer (regardless of BMI, metabolism, muscle, etc.) is enough to impair ones thought process and decision making capabilities. this has been scientifically proven, btw, so your argument against it is inane and incorrect. if youre gonna hop on a bike, dont f*ing drink, simple as that.

dmkun

Total: 46
==============
1. Have Motorcycle license 10
6. Less than 6 months experience -2
11. Passed novice training course 10
15. Never ride after drinking 20
16. Often ride in city traffic -5
17. Mostly ride 250 to 600cc -2
20. Know best way to cross edge traps 5
21. Practiced quick stops this year 5
25. Age between 20-29 -5
27. Always wear armored gear 5
29. Always wear full coverage helmet 5

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Spunky99

I scored a 92 but seem to always run into the assholes of the cager world....

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member
Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
B

bullfinchgold

be careful

be careful and watch out , must be safe on the road . It is good for everybody . Many crazy guys on the road ,druck ...:zombie:

tzrox

That's your opinion... You're entitled to it.

Proof is in the pudding for me... Been riding over 20 years, never even scratched any of my bikes, much less dropped one or wrecked.
Maybe you're the exception but this is def not the rule. We did dozens of tests in college for a few courses I was taking and impairment happened about 5-15 min after the first drink, nowhere near the DUI limit. It did affect certain people more than others, but there was always an effect.