Are you riding safe? Take this quiz!!

BoneJj

Well, that was somewhat interesting.

I got a 63.5 (giving myself partial credit for making stuff up on the road hazards). Most of my points lost were in the area of training, which is very valid, since I took the MSF beginner course 20 ys ago.

WTF are edge traps?
If I'm correct they are those stupid little mini cement ditches on the sides of the road that are often found in residential areas, I find them rather annoying myself and so does my friend as his car has a pain in the butt time getting over the one at the end of his driveway without scraping... lol. Well, nto his car anymore, he just sold it for a 2011 mustang GT with some extra package that gave him the better brakes. A much better car than the 370z......

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

wtnotch

54 for me, partly because way back when I started riding there were no courses offered that I could pass and I don't always go ATGATT. I don't think they would count Keith Codes Superbike School or track day instruction - they'd probably take off more points for those :)

Russ

BoneJj

Edge traps - think railroad crossings, etc - things that make your front tire go somewhere besides where you were expecting it to go..
ahhhh, okay, I looked that up in my book that I got from getting my license in florida a few months back. I figured I might as well get legal down here, lol. I had to go get it out of my car though.

I guess you could consider those dumb little cement ditches on the sides of roads down here as one as well, especially when you are making a turn onto a road that has them crossing the intersection, I always find them annoying and pointless.

luckily in my area whoever decided to lay down the roads around the railroads was smart enough to put the roads perpendicular to the tracks when crossing them, or as close to 90deg as possible....

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

txjames

Elite Member
Last edited:

Mguenther

I just got 85 but don't agree with the 600 cc or lower. Alcohol is definately not an option. It makes me brave and stupid. As far as 20 hazards i think I see most of them on my 100 mile commute to work. Usually 4 or 5 different dead and alive animals, truck tire casings and of course the highway department seems to feel that bridges have to be on corners and blind, steel crossing grades that are always slick. They have also either sanded or sprayed slick liquid at all intersections to keep the ice down. Best thing of course are the people that work for cold storage plant down the road. They wear black, its dark and they refuse to use the lighted crosswalk or look before crossing.

Soapartist

88... 90.5 if I count the road hazard stuff... LOL
It must be because I'm an old lady LOL ... 2 of my other rides are a Goldwing GL1500 a Yamaha 950 cruiser ... I go take the safety course every few years, just for fun.
I think you could probably count track days as classes too ;), since you'd be learning :D

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

roadrat

These questions are not really related to how good you ride.
True. They are based on statistics. But for most people it's more fun to take a really subjective quiz than pour over tables of statistics. Go ahead and take out the questions you don't agree with and adjust the final point scale, it doesn't really matter. The quiz is just a fun way to help us look twice at our riding safety. :D

Regarding alcohol though... depending on your weight, how much you have eaten and so forth, it is a proven FACT that drinking more than about one beer or mixed drink an hour significantly slows reaction time. Just something to keep in mind while you are at happy hour. :D

6R Blackout

29, not sure if I did it right though. I dont suck that bad!! I mean I am very vigilant while on my bike. Dunno???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

jocampo

Me personally, any alcohol is too much when you're on a bike. I refuse to have any and I refuse to ride with anyone who does have any. I don't even take my pain medication for my neck when I'm going to be out riding.
Nicely said and totally agree!

mrpositraction

Don't know what countersteer is(or don't use that term, maybe I do know what it, need to look it up), not older than 49, ride a 600cc and I ride in city traffic.