Anyone here have a Ram Mount?

Harda toenail

I've used a universal mount for a GPS about a year ago. Worked great. Get it set where you want and put a dab of super glue on the joints if you want to keep it on your bike.

ajiribarren

Ram are great products, use locktite on the bolts and you are good to go!

redwing-2001

I did this. It is cleaner. Part of the appeal of the ram mount is that the ball system gives you to opportunity to move them around and take it completely off when you want to. So unless you are sure you want to make it permanent, I would stay away from super glue. I have been using ram mounts for about 20 years on several different motorcycles for several different devices with no issues. Take a look at the waterproof cases also.

Attachments

raybob

I use the brake/clutch reservoir mount (not the bar mount). Works great. Plus, the rubber balls provide a bit of vibration isolation for the electronic widget(s).

Bob

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Chris12

I did this. It is cleaner. Part of the appeal of the ram mount is that the ball system gives you to opportunity to move them around and take it completely off when you want to. So unless you are sure you want to make it permanent, I would stay away from super glue. I have been using ram mounts for about 20 years on several different motorcycles for several different devices with no issues. Take a look at the waterproof cases also.
Anyone else have one of these Ram mounts?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chris12

:zombie: Thread revival from 5 years ago deserves the zombie, LOL.

I have the ram mount mounted via the yoke nut (I have clipons). The yoke nut is removed and the yoke nut mount screws on in it's place. I have the x-grip (ram mount) holder for my phone.
Thanks for the reply!

I've given this some thought this afternoon and decided to go with the handlebar clamp base mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005J43I56/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

I also went with the oversized x grip mount (iPhone 6+), with the textel webbing restraint (I think all the new x grips come with it).

I really like the discreteness of the mount when it's not being used, and the versatility.

Thanks again for the reply, they seem a bit hard to come by recently. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

blazintrails

io have the handlebar ball mount

only neg is depending on what angle you keep your phone low speed turning like in a gas station turning to a different pump it sometimes bumps the windscreen if I have it up I will get some pics in the next couple of days to show you what I mean.:D