Anti-Theft Alarm

Do you have an alarm system on your motorcycle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • No...and have no desire to get one

Votes: 99 38.5%
  • No...and want to get one someday

Votes: 124 48.2%

• Total voters

Chucker

I dont use disk locks anymore (bad pelvis memories, ha ha) but some people do so this may help, the safest way to use them (of course learned too late): a piece of electric tape on the lock key hole (so you need to remove the tape to open it) as you remove the tape from the lock stick the tape over your ignition, when you get back must take it off to insert your key in the ignition wich i hope will remind you of the lock
If you get a disc lock with an alarm, the alarm will remind you, no?

Spitfire

I don't currently have an alarm on my bike, but I am considering one since the hospital I work in is located in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city.

I really like the idea of having a disc lock alarm. They lock around the disc so the bike can't be rolled, but they also have motion and shock sensors that sound an alarm if someone does try to move the bike. It's like two security features in one.

XENA Intelligent Security: disc-lock alarms for motorcycles
I have this one, its bright yellow which is also a deterrent... Haven't had an issue with my bike and the alarm has never gone off... It goes off when I take it off but that's unavoidable and its not too annoying, it gives you about 5 seconds of just beeping before it really starts going... It's heavy too and just fits perfectly under the rear seat...

Spunky99

I bought an 8017 for the new bike but haven't put it on yet. Before on the FX6R people would walk by and hit the bike and set off the alarm. Busted mirrors and cracked fairings were what I was trying to prevent.
The Harley thumper parking next to me would set it off too.
Loved the pager feature.

art51

I got a scorpio sr-i900.It really works great!! Its got everything you need.Im really happy about it.

Detrich

How do u carry that around tho? I usually keep my GPS tracker, wallet/keys/cell, as well as first aid kit and other small items under the rear seat. But, it's already a tight fight. Id have nowhere to put that thing. lol

geesantoz

How do u carry that around tho? I usually keep my GPS tracker, wallet/keys/cell, as well as first aid kit and other small items under the rear seat. But, it's already a tight fight. Id have nowhere to put that thing. lol
That's the idea ... the ROADLOK attached permanently on your front brake caliper. you only need to put in the key when you left the bike, and take it out when you want to use the bike (such as disc lock). it's expensive though, but it claim it will never break your disc compare to if you use regular disc lock.

Sparkxx1

Damn that RoadLok thing is kind of neat...

If only it wasn't 300 bucks for the FZ6R one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4owZ7UViLw"]‪BIKER'S CHOICE RoadLok: Anti-Theft System‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

geesantoz

Damn that RoadLok thing is kind of neat...

If only it wasn't 300 bucks for the FZ6R one...
on the video she said that the US and UK insurance discount may cover the price of the lock on the long run. hmmmm ... may ask my insurance if they have this discount can be applied. :cool:

Update : GEICO seems have discount for this ...
Link from yamaha website on YZF-R6 accessories which list the ROADLOK.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/8/191/20532/all/1/10739/0/detail.aspx

Last edited:

geesantoz

AMA discount on ROADLOK

Check this out ...

Member Discount Codes

Discounts on products from RoadLok
AMA member receive an exclusive 15% discount on RoadLok brake calipers, which combine superior braking performance with an integrated locking feature that thwarts would-be thieves. To access the discount, AMA members should purchase direct through the RoadLok website at ROADLOK and use the discount code AMA007.

jokerX

Sorry for the chage of topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I just bought a Xena XX6 and after installing the battery, I cannot disarm the damn thing. I have already emailed Xena, but while waiting for a reply, I thought I'd try here. I have made sure the alarm module is locked in place, the lid is locked in place, the sensor and the reflector are clean. It just keeps going off. Not even locked on the bike. Just sitting in the hotel. Neighbors must be getting p*ssed off. That thing is LOUD. Holding the module in one hand and the reflector in the other it works just fine as long as the reflector is within 2" or so. Placed in the housing = NFG. This is aggravating. And my ears are bleeding. Help!

jokerX

In case anyone was wondering, I took the XX6 back to the dealer and exchanged it for another one. Put the batteries in while I was still at the dealership and it works just fine, original one musta been a faulty unit. To Xena's credit, once they emailed me back they were willing to mail out an exchange unit right away. /end hijack.

RareBreed

I have a Gorilla alarm that come with a two way transmitter like the cars have so it sends a signal when an alarm is triggered. It's funny when i set it cause somebody in a car always ask you have an alarm on your bike. I respond with you have one on your car rite!

applejax

Why not? These are the ones listed under the FZ6R...

Motorcycle Locks for FZ6R 2009

hmmmm being 250$ with the ama discount and maybe more with discount from insurance. it sounds worth it. I think I'll call up progressive next time I have a chance.

Our brake calipers have the bolts facing out, perpendicular to the bike.

Roadlok can only work if the bolts face "up". If you look at their install video and look at our calipers, you will see why they dont work.

I bought it and im in the process of returning it.