Ammunition shortage?

JSP

Super Moderator
Biggest thing is to "TRY" many models. Practice, rent, a friends, etc. You must be comfortable with what you are going to shoot! Practice, practice, practice also. Many different guns feel different. You do not want to buy one and find out you hate how it feels/shoots and never practice with it.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Duke

All are good guns. I personally like guns that I enjoy the feel in my hand, which is why I went with the XD over the glock 27, I'm one of those weird guys that prefer the 1911 in the double stack instead of the single because I have bigger hands.

For home protection I keep the xd loaded by my bed at all times with a mossburg 500 pump loaded beside that, my wife keeps her .38 special on her side of the bed, then down the hall is the 30.06 rifle. I don't play around with home protection. All of my windows and doors have alarms on them as well.

My wife always says that the lock on the door isn't for my protection it's for everyone else lol.

roundhouse

I found freedom munitions had 9mm in stock and at pre-frenzy prices so i bought 500. i went back to get more and they were sold out.

also mako group has AR15 mags at decent prices if anyone is looking

it's nuts.

to toss my opinion in on a great pistol. the CZ75 and it's variants are the finest easiest shooting pistols i have ever shot. the 75 is a bit heavy so i carry an XD9 sub, or if i want something smaller i have both the P3AT and the PF11.

but i do love the CZ 75 and SP01. IMO better than even a custom 1911. yeah i said it!

BoneJj

I can't wait until this stupidity is over and I can start buying ammo at halfway decent prices again....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

Looky at what I got a my hands on:

You don't want to know what I paid for it. Got it at a gun show today. Found some .223 ammo for it too, but the guy would only sell 10 boxes per customer. At $15/box, not sure if I wanted to buy more than 10 boxes.

Sent from my badass LG Optimus G
I can only imagine what you spent for it! I went to a gun show today, there were people loading up highly overpriced ammo on dollys! Stripped AR polymer lower receivers were $400 and Magpul 30 round PMAG's were $40 a piece! And those were the cheap prices.

Needless to say I walked out with just a lower parts kit w/ handle for $70. The cheapest full AR was a brand I've never heard of for $1500. I spent $1800 on my shotgun but I can't justify that much for an AR-15.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

motoguy82

I found freedom munitions had 9mm in stock and at pre-frenzy prices so i bought 500. i went back to get more and they were sold out.

also mako group has AR15 mags at decent prices if anyone is looking

it's nuts.

to toss my opinion in on a great pistol. the CZ75 and it's variants are the finest easiest shooting pistols i have ever shot. the 75 is a bit heavy so i carry an XD9 sub, or if i want something smaller i have both the P3AT and the PF11.

but i do love the CZ 75 and SP01. IMO better than even a custom 1911. yeah i said it!
Thanks for the mako group tip....placed an order today!

roundhouse

Nasty, check out the CCMG .22 conversion for the AR. I got one for I think $189 (new bolt and mag). Can be changed out in less than 30 seconds and back again. Lets you shoot .22 all day for like $20 for 600 rounds vs the cost of the .223. At up to 200 yards only small change in accuracy, unnoticeable at only 100 yards. Now when I go to range I bring 1 box (20 rnds) of the .223 then I plink the .22.

No jams experienced at over 2k rounds. Bushmaster makes a converter also; stay away from theirs. I sent theirs back due to repeated jamming.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

i have a CMMG upper and lower. i have always wondered how well these work. will have to get one now

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

I want more speed loaders for my revolver, can't find them anywhere.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

So I bought the XD.9!

They did not have any of the 3 I was interested in with the .40 ammo and only had this one in the 9mm version so I got it. I did rent it at the shooting range beforehand and liked the feel was very comfortable as well as I had already spent tons of time looking at reviews for this model. I like the safety's it has compact size price design. I will be going to the range more often and I will come back with a more in depth review of it.
9mm amo is pretty cheap for the most part so go at it man.