A Weird Question About Starting or bike !

NightWolf

A Weird Question About Starting your bike !

Right So........

Everytime i go to start my bike , i like to warm it up while im putting on my helmet and gloves etc.... So sometimes I start my bike before i get on it , while its on the kick stand , Every time i do this , i think to myself , i wonder if this is healthy , because its on a "tilt" and the oil might not get up into the motor like it should , so after thinking this for so long , im gunna ask everyone , whats your opinion of this? do you do it ? is it healthy? should i not? anyone think like i do? haha , I know most of you will say its designed for it , but too me , a fussy person like myself .. I thought ild ask the question. ,.......... do you start your bike? on your kick stand? ... haha , cheers ! I probley should take an extra minute and start it upright ;)

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
No issues at all.

NoDoze

:D I thought I was a worrywart. :p

Yeah, enjoy your bike and only worry if you neglect your pre-ride checks.

T - tires and wheels
C - controls
L - lights
O - oil
C - chassis
K - kickstand

Great, I think I just gave you more things to worry about. haha :eek:

Last edited:

NightWolf

You worry too much, and over look the obvious,...

You worry too much, and over look the obvious, bikes lean in virtually all corners. You are right by warming up the engine, keep on doing it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

True - I do worry to much - I love my bike though .

However , The bike is warm when you are virtual " in corners ;)
Not freezing cold :p

Thanks for your reply !

Deanohh

Engine will pick up the oil fine when on side stand. Just don't let it sit there and idle too long before you drive away. 1-2 minutes is fine and drive away.... don't use heavy throttle until temp gets to about 160.

My stupid kid goes to work at 4am and use to let his bike idle while he was in having a cup of coffee until "there was no vapor coming out of the exhaust". One day I looked out the window and the exhaust pipe was glowing cherry red. Hey!!! The bike is supposed to have air flowing over it. Let it run a little bit and drive away. Idling like that it gets way too hot.

NightWolf

You need to worry more about the bike falling over while it's unattended in neutral.
Nawh , I dont need to worry about my bike falling over , Thanks.

I have respect for my bike , and want to do right about it , Doesnt make me a fuck Wit mate .:cool:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member