A question on mirrors

J-9

I am well aware of what a spot check is. I obviously have more driving and riding experience. Convex mirrors are a safer solution! I don't care what style mirror you have, cool or not, convex mirrors on top of the factory mirrors can avoid you taking your eyes off what can happen RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU IN AN INSTANT! I use them on my car and my bike. And I am alway ready for any surprises, as you should always be on a bike.

...and don't be a fuktard, and remove your turn signals or replace them with the more stylish non-DOT approved version.

...and one more thing while I am on a rant, always remember to lube you chains :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just looking out for you all! Safe riding!!

porky45

i think you'll find a good portion of members on this site are "fuktards..." by your definition :rolleyes:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

edk442

I bought a pair of 06-07 R6 mirrors. the aesthetics changed from earlier years and they look a lot better (to my eyes). i don't think i've seen pictures of these on our bike. these are the ones i bought:

Yamaha OEM Style Mirrors Set YZF R6 2006 2007 06 07 on eBay.ca (item 270679646382 end time 12-Apr-11 06:41:41 EDT)

It won't be until Easter that I can install them, so no word on how well they match the angle of our fairing, coverage they provide, resistance to vibration etc... i did notice that the mirrors are slightly curved (not fully convex) giving you a larger view of whats going on behind you (i can't recall if the stock mirrors are like that, but this feature stood out to me) they struck me as being quite light, definitely not as rugged as stock. they are aftermarket parts so not sure how they compare to the construction of oem R6 mirrors. but for less than $60 shipped i think they are a worthy project

PS: i think these match the personality of our bike quite well:

YAMAHA R6/R6S 2000-2010 ZOMBIE CHROME MIRRORS on eBay.ca (item 290531320577 end time 06-Apr-11 22:09:59 EDT)

Last edited:

iSpoolin

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

CDN6R

No No No ,,They were $79.00 pair shipped from H.K. They got to me (Canada) in less than a week.