77MPH in a 45 and no ticket!

CtrlAltDl

Wahoo, I need to buy a lottery ticket!

So I was coming home yesterday from work and the highway slows from 60 to 45 before a light. I got tired of following a passing lane camper for the last 1-2 miles, so I quickly passed them on the right. Impatiently I made two quick lane changes to pass them only to see a stater on the left shoulder.

Of course he pulled me over. I gave him my registration and my license which is conveniently in holder that includes my CPL.

He asked, "Do you know how fast you were going?". I replied, "No, my speedometer isn't work today". Which is true, because my speedometer calibrator decided to stop working yesterday.

Then he handed my paperwork back and said slow down, and have a nice day.

travisH3

Lucky dog, whenever I'm on the highway I usually do the speed limit, but I can't help my self on the curvy roads to pick up speed a little, I blame Marthy for that though :)

Fizzer6R

wow lucky is right! and more towards end of the month if they have a quota like some do

CtrlAltDl

I think my CPL (Concealed License Permit) had more to do with it than luck. Or maybe he rides a motorcycle.;)

Whatever it was I'm glad I didn't get a ticket. I've been ticket free for about 10 years (except tabs expired on my trailer).

Spunky99

Oathkeepers card works too.

Detrich

fraydoe

hmm nice, I've only been caught speeding once and it was kinda bad.

Here in arizona on a kinda new freeway (the 202 loop) at 12 pm, there was a clear straight way, ducked down, opened the throttle and hit about 120 :D. I was ducked down so low I couldn't see my mirrors, til a glimmer of that red and blue hit the corner of my eye (he was chasin me for a while).

of course i slowed down , he pulled me over, checked me to see if i was ridin dirty, and just said "easy on that throttle" and let me go :wtfgun:

CtrlAltDl

:wtfgun:

I don't know about you, but when I think of Boogie Nights I think of Heather Graham naked in roller skates, but that's just me.

RooKie

Here in arizona on a kinda new freeway (the 202 loop) at 12 pm, there was a clear straight way, ducked down, opened the throttle and hit about 120 :D. I was ducked down so low I couldn't see my mirrors, til a glimmer of that red and blue hit the corner of my eye (he was chasin me for a while).

of course i slowed down , he pulled me over, checked me to see if i was ridin dirty, and just said "easy on that throttle" and let me go :wtfgun:
Haha... I've been really lucky here in AZ as well. Was pulled over once for going 70+ on a 35. The cop actually thanked me for stopping and not trying to make a getaway, then told me to not let it happen again. Really chill guy. I was super lucky!

Lucky you....I've been pulled over twice in the post couple months and never got a ticket. Yesterday, my luck ran out. First ticket in over 10 years!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What is "riding dirty"?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

MustGoFaster

Haha... I've been really lucky here in AZ as well. Was pulled over once for going 70+ on a 35. The cop actually thanked me for stopping and not trying to make a getaway, then told me to not let it happen again. Really chill guy. I was super lucky!
Haha noice! Yeah, I was on the 17 headin' south and got lit up by a chopper! I was tired, so I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going when I noticed a bright light pop up around me. Thinking WTF to myself, I look up and sure enough, a police chopper's got me on his spotlight. I look down and see I'm 87 in a 55. I instantly lay off the throttle, and THEN pass a cop on the right hand side who was chillin' under an overpass. After a few minutes, the light shuts off and I ride CAREFULLY the rest of the way home. (another 10 minutes or so) No one pulled me over, no one waiting for me at home. Guess it was just a friendly, "Hey, let's scare the crap outta this guy so he slows down!" kinda thang. :D

no clean undies. didn't your mom tell you to put on clean ones when you go out, just in case...
That's what I was thinking...LOL

Detrich

:wtfgun:

I don't know about you, but when I think of Boogie Nights I think of Heather Graham naked in roller skates, but that's just me.
Well, that's a given :)

But, the robbery scene sheds light on the fact that not every "card carrying NRA member" may be actually competent or qualified at handling a hostage or crisis situation- without proper law enforcement training of some kind. After all, anyone can shoot a gun at the firing range. But, actually intercepting and stopping a criminal in the act is often more complex & difficult than said.

The scene in this movie is meant to be ridiculous and a bit over the top, but it actually sheds some light on the reality of an "armed society," imho...

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member