77MPH in a 45 and no ticket!

linkgt

Lucky! I've never been pulled over for speeding, the fastest I've past a cop/sheriff was about 75+. Thought I did get 2 ticket 2 months ago for crossing the HOV lane trying to pass a slow car :/ went to court and they dumped one ticket and converted the other into a parking ticket, no points!

dcBear78

Wow... Over here with those kinda speeds the police take you back to the cop shop and pack rape you. True.... I blame our lower crime rate and nothing better to do than patrol roads. The police here are very, very, very vigilant with speeding.

+40kph is an immediate loss of licence and turn up at court to find out for how long.

Maadi

My second day of owning my bike (last Sunday) - went our for a ride on some semi curvy roads with my husband on his FJR1300. Got feeling comfortable and very exhilarated about the new bike and how much better it turns than my former cruiser... We were coming to a bigger road from going slow on some gravel for a while - I wanted to get going and got up to speed - ended up at 65 mph without ever trying, feeling great, started slowing back down, kept riding.... Blue lights behind. O-oh! I pulled over and my husband followed behind me (he kept up with me the whole way, of course). The officer came over, was very nice, impressed with our gear (We're ATGATT), but explained that he clocked us doing 60 in a 45 mph speed limit area.... Now I feel absolutely miserable thinking about our perfect driving records, and the insurance rate that just went up due to the new/sport bike, that I don't want going up again... He eventually comes back with our paperwork and lets us go with a warning. Big Sigh! Well, at least it was a good lesson about self control and throttle control :) I have to get used to the difference between the cruiser and my new one.... been very careful ever since!

tatty2012

I got lucky a few weeks ago... Was riding with my buddy (Ducati Monster 900), which I was actual riding and he riding mine. Long straight road, cruising along well over the posted speed of 55. Saw a State Trooper, started to gradually slow down, didn't want the front end of the bike to dip and make it obvious. When I got next to the Trooper I was at about 80. He instantly pulls over to the side of the road, kept checking my mirrors, never saw him turn around... A couple more miles up the road, saw another Trooper, at this time we slowed to 65. He never turned around either, (figuring the first Trooper might have radio'd in to another cruiser...) Made it the rest of the way to my house, about 10 miles without either Trooper behind us.. Should have definitely been a ticket for both of us.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Last officer I spoke with on the subject told me he's looking at priors, tires, gear, and credentials. If all that is in order you have to be acting like a total ass to earn a ticket. He also said lots of guys do act like asses and talk themselves into tickets. Like it or not, a little respect goes a long way. Of course, he rides, and is only one of many officers on the road. Maybe you get him, maybe not. Definitely lucky to get away on that one with no ticket. Must have met one who understands.

vengeance44

the other day there was a biker cop sitting with his radar gun i was going around 90 on the freeway i just waved at him and he gave me a nod

buzzbomb

Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

I don't know. "My speedometer isn't working today." That's pretty ballsy! True or not, that's an awesome answer. Maybe, combined with other stuff, it was enough for him to let you go. Either way, I wouldn't push the luck anymore for a little while! :)
I know, after I said that I knew he wouldn't believe me, even though it was true.

I'm sure he was thinking::bsflag: