2009 Yamaha FZ6R for sale

Rat

SELLING IS CANCELLED
I decided to have a little upgrade here - so selling my FZ6R with mods included:

1. TBR
2. JuiceBox
3. HyperPro springs
4. kawi mirrors

Bought 3 months ago brand new 2009, done 7k miles.
One owner, title in hand, IL reg.
$5900 or can put everything back to stock and sell it for $5000.
If anybody interested - let me know immediately otherwise I will trade at dealership.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spunky99

What you going to go buy?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

I want a Honda CBR RR 1000 but my finances say no so I'll keep the FZ6R for another year while I start racing a YSR50....LOL

MikeN02

What model/year are you going with? I absolutely love my R6... was thinking about sleeping in the garage now.

Rat

Want to buy brand new YZF-R6 2009...
The only issue - I also need lowering kit.

Last edited:

MikeN02

Want to buy brand new YZF-R6 2009...
The only issue - I also need lowering kit.
That was my issue as well, also why I wanted to sleep in the garage because I haven't been able to ride it. But it's going to the shop tomorrow morning and I'll be riding all day.

I'm going to lower it 3 inches, I'm short 5'4 and the stock seating is higher than any street sport bike I've heard of, 33.5 inches. That's even higher than my friend's R1 at 32.8 inches.

I can half foot my sister's Ninja 250R at 30.5 inches so I guess it might be the same.

Also note that with the new R6's, even with a slip on it won't sound as good because there is a cat. Not sure with the 09's and 10's but the 06 and 07 have it.

Btw sorry to jack your thread.

Rat

No, thanks for comments MikeN02!

Guys I just walked outdoor and smoke near my yellow baby...
It is awesome bike! I still in doubt... Heck, what I should do...
I wanna keep this and I wanna R6 and I can't decide what I want more... :confused:

MikeN02

No, thanks for comments MikeN02!

Guys I just walked outdoor and smoke near my yellow baby...
It is awesome bike! I still in doubt... Heck, what I should do...
I wanna keep this and I wanna R6 and I can't decide what I want more... :confused:
I know what you mean, it was odd seeing my bike get wheeled in the shop. Felt like a part of me was missing with each and every bike that I go through. The FZ6-R being my 2nd and most ridden bike. I won't forget those 7,553 miles.

If you use ur bike for daily commuting then I would suggest you keep it but if you use it as a toy get the R6.

Rat

In 3 weeks I will be helping friend of mine to buy R6 and will train him a little...
So will decide then...
I'm using it for everything! Ride to work, ride to lunch, ride after work, train turns on roundabout at 3AM LOL. Today I used my car a little since t-storm - OMG, it's so ugly to ride on 4 wheels...:D

MikeN02

In 3 weeks I will be helping friend of mine to buy R6 and will train him a little...
So will decide then...
I'm using it for everything! Ride to work, ride to lunch, ride after work, train turns on roundabout at 3AM LOL. Today I used my car a little since t-storm - OMG, it's so ugly to ride on 4 wheels...:D
I used my motorcycle for everything since I made the switch last november. What do you mean by train? Is he getting it as his first bike? That isn't a good idea... ask any motorcyclist, they'll tell you it's a bad idea to start on a 600cc.

I decided that if anyone asks me if it's uncomfortable riding on a supersport all the time for everything I'll tell them the same thing that I say when they ask me what about when it rains?

"I made my decision when I switched from a car to a motorcycle, I gave up everything for it so I have to deal with it"

And let me tell you that I don't regret it, so it's only natural for me to get a "toy" as a commuter.

Rat

Yep, it will be his first bike.
He will be under my control, parking lot first 3 months, no public road and no ride over 25 mph... :D
He is responsible guy and realize that this is dangerous.

Last edited:

Detrich

Ugh, I hate to be the one to say this.... But, it's with good intentions. So, please don't take it the wrong way...

But, generally-speaking, giving a first time rider an 09 R6 is almost like giving a 15 year old novice driver the keys to a new Lambo... He may know how to move it from point a to point b, but he doesn't know how to handle a vehicle with that kind of explosive power & handling in varying driving conditions... He'll never truly get to know the limits of it in romping around a parking lot. And, there will be a lot of inclination to push it. And, when its power jumps out unexpectedly atbthe worst time- which it will- he'll be lucky if all that happens it gets fucked up or totalled...

Of course life is full of variables. And, for all we know, maybe this guy was a moto gp racer in a past life... I dunno. But, am just saying that that's a lotta bike to chew off for first time at the dinner table is all...

Don't u guys think?

MikeN02

Ugh, I hate to be the one to say this.... But, it's with good intentions. So, please don't take it the wrong way...

But, generally-speaking, giving a first time rider an 09 R6 is almost like giving a 15 year old novice driver the keys to a new Lambo... He may know how to move it from point a to point b, but he doesn't know how to handle a vehicle with that kind of explosive power & handling in varying driving conditions... He'll never truly get to know the limits of it in romping around a parking lot. And, there will be a lot of inclination to push it. And, when its power jumps out unexpectedly atbthe worst time- which it will- he'll be lucky if all that happens it gets fucked up or totalled...

Of course life is full of variables. And, for all we know, maybe this guy was a moto gp racer in a past life... I dunno. But, am just saying that that's a lotta bike to chew off for first time at the dinner table is all...

Don't u guys think?
That's what I think as well. Just right now I told my sister it's up to her if she feels she's ready for an R6.. she's small so we'd probably lower it 4 inches for her.

She's been riding the 250R for a couple of weeks now with a few of us and she said she's ready for more power. Looked on craigslist and found a good deal on an R6. Everyone has been saying it's a lot of power for her and so she said she isn't going to get it which makes her depressed.

I personally don't think she's ready either and I have been the one teaching her. There is a lot of different situations where a smaller engine bike will save you if you're inexperienced. I always say keep a calm clear mind, if you freak out then you're done, this is true especially on a bigger bike as you have less time to react.

I told my sister that she needs ride a lot more if she plans to upgrade, it's not just getting used to the feel of the bike, it's also emergency situations when a car cuts you off what are you going to do, oil slicks that you can't avoid etc etc

General rules for me is
Focus, throw all your other thoughts away (thats why riding takes stress away)
Look where you want to go
Take it easy

Yellow09FZ6R

Lol here we go, I will 100% disagree, if you know what your limits are and are mature and responsible, NOTHING bad will happen. Just tell your friend to take it easy, like you said hes mature and will be smart. I started off on a litre bike making way more then double the hp my fz6r is putting down and I was 100% fine with it. Its when idiots get on ANY bike EVER made things get bad. You can get killed on a 250, are the next threads going to be about oh dont let your friend get a 250, theyre freaking animals your friends going to die when he puts it in first gear, hes gotta start with a 49cc scooter before he even looks at a 250. Oh and 600 no way, maybe after 30 years on the 250 he can check into that nasty vicious killing machine of a 600. Those things are over half a litre dontchaknow!

JSP

Super Moderator
I agree... an FZ6R is about the biggest bike I would suggest to start on. An R6... NO WAY.

This thing is pretty hard to menuever at very low speeds, like in a parking lot. I am still getting used to it and I have over 21k miles of other bike miles under me.

The way the tank sits and the shape of the tank make it hard to low speed turn. So your arms can hit the tank and you will lose balance very easy and drop the bike. Put a very new rider on one, and they wont know what to do. The clutch also engages almost near the end of the let-out. This also makes it strange to get going or in a low speed menuever. If you freak and pull the clutch in going really slow in a turn, the bike will lose momentum very fast and fall.

And if he freaks out and dumps the clutch and full throttles it (for some reason most new riders have the phenomenon...) They just panic and hold full throttle, haha. This thing will pick up speed very fast. Like 70+ mph in first gear. That could get deadly real quick.

I would really suggest starting on something more rider friendly and smaller. He will have MANY years ahead of him. Practice on something that wont kill him.

JSP

Super Moderator
Lol here we go, I will 100% disagree, if you know what your limits are and are mature and responsible, NOTHING bad will happen. Just tell your friend to take it easy, like you said hes mature and will be smart. I started off on a litre bike making way more then double the hp my fz6r is putting down and I was 100% fine with it. Its when idiots get on ANY bike EVER made things get bad. You can get killed on a 250, are the next threads going to be about oh dont let your friend get a 250, theyre freaking animals your friends going to die when he puts it in first gear, hes gotta start with a 49cc scooter before he even looks at a 250. Oh and 600 no way, maybe after 30 years on the 250 he can check into that nasty vicious killing machine of a 600. Those things are over half a litre dontchaknow!
Just because a couple people can do it doesnt mean most can. 8 out of 10 times you will drop the bike as a brand new rider. I started on Honda trail 90 and 110 as a kid. Then my first bike was a 250 Rebel. I could have started on the FZ6R as that is a very user friendly, good riding position bike to start on. Still expensive to trash though.

Its not just about keeping your wrist in check. Its about knowing what to do in situations, and knowing what NOT to do. If they have riding course out there you should have him do that first and foremost.

Yellow09FZ6R

Well I agree if you can take a safety course, then yes take it, drop theyre bike and f**k it up and learn what not to do, and they will have tons of advice and there will be a lot of helpful people around. Dont ask for help from a stealership as they will tell you whatever you want to hear to make the sale.

MC#4

just a long rant

Well, I started on a honda elite 80cc scooter, Although I rode dirtbikes a little the scoot was my first road bike. BTW riding dirt does in fact give you a hell of a lot of experiance on two wheels, but You should still start small. After the scoot, I got a ninja 250, which in my opinion is the best starter bike ever made! I rode that for 1 1/2 years then I got the bright Idea that I wanted a big bike. I was looking at 600/750 katanas and then I saw an ad in the local paper, 2003 Yamaha R1 $4000 must sell. I called him and jewed him down to $3500 cause he was desperate. I was only 18 when I bought it, and looking back on it, I CANNOT BELIEVE MY PARENTS LET ME BUY IT! I acted like a total jackass on that thing. I actually considered myself to be uber-responsible but that bike brought the worst out of me. I never dropped any of those bikes at speed or stopped (came close though). If I could go back though, I would have just bought a katana 600 and moved up slowly.

Sorry for the long post, the point is that you will actually be happier in the long run by moving up slowly. You greatly increase your chance of survival and it will enhance the overall experiance.

After having the speed of the R1, everything else is just a dissapointment.