Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen - Help

RICHSPAZ

I just purchased a 2013 FZ6R. I was getting some wind so I changed tothe factory upgraded Yamaha windscreen. Still not happy. Aroung 70, I start to get helmet vibration. Just ordered to Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen. Should this be a big change or solve my problem? Any input or experience with the zero gravity sport touring would help. Thank you.

CrazyCawi

I just purchased a 2013 FZ6R. I was getting some wind so I changed tothe factory upgraded Yamaha windscreen. Still not happy. Aroung 70, I start to get helmet vibration. Just ordered to Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen. Should this be a big change or solve my problem? Any input or experience with the zero gravity sport touring would help. Thank you.
should help a little bit. It might also come down to the aerodynamics of your helm as well. If your helm is race designed (shoei x12, ect) your going to get vibs because your not in the body position the helm is designed for aerodynamically.

RICHSPAZ

My helmet is an HJC is133. Not a full face. I enjoy riding in the upright position. I'm just really trying to accomplish highway riding at about 75 with no helmet vibration. What do you think?

CrazyCawi

My helmet is an HJC is133. Not a full face. I enjoy riding in the upright position. I'm just really trying to accomplish highway riding at about 75 with no helmet vibration. What do you think?
seems as though the fg-jet has more upright than the is33, it could be the helm. How tall are you?

Sparkxx1

Never had a problem with vibrations but I like to tuck in though. Keep us updated if the windscreen fixes the problem!

JSP

Super Moderator
Take the windscreen completely off and ride like that just for kicks. See how you like it. I ended up cutting mine DOWN.

RICHSPAZ

I'm going to try putting on the sport touring. Ride the highway and see. If it doesnt work, I'll go back to stock and then try off. I will let you know. Thanks all.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

linkgt

Like others have said, you may have to tuck in a bit. I have a Puig racing windscreen and I can ride pretty upright up till aroun 70-80ish. Any faster than that and I have to tuck in a bit to avoid wind. During the summer or days when its not windy, I've been good up till upper 80's. Feels good :)

DerekVinyard

I have a zero gravit double bubble and it makes a world of difference over the stock shield.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

RICHSPAZ

Tried the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen out tonight. What a difference over the stock one and the Yamaha upgraded one. Can ride very comfortably now over 70. Before when I hit 68, I started getting buffeting. All gone now at 70. Took it to 80, then 85. Nice and smooth wind flow, no buffeting. Would recommend.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member