Yep! So I'm a little discouraged....

motomc2

Who cares what anybody else thinks about the bike. IMHO A true..

motorcyclist is a rugged individualist...or at the least carries this characteristic. To me this also means "who cares what anybody else thinks about my ride".

elishatarvin

Well I do not have a lot of say because this is my first bike and I have only had it since August of this year, but I ask you to take a look at high school. Yes, I know that is a strange subject to relate to, but think of the people that made fun of others in high school. They usually do it because they are scared of what they do not know or scared that what they do know isn't good enough. I have been guilty of ridiculing things I do not know because I was either jealous or intimidated. I will be the first to admit that. But this bike that has addicted me to this world...is now my baby. If it was any more powerful or "superbike-ish", I think a lot of us would kill ourselves because our bike is very forgiving and very controllable if in the right hands. And people who own a 6r have the right hands because I believe, we ride to ride, not to show others we ride. And as far as not fast enough, the money you save from buying a 6r can go into an endless amount of modifications that can make it faster, more comfortable, more versatile, better looking, etc. The biker world, in my honest opinion (and once again I state I do not have a lot of say because I am new to this world) is waking up to the amazing job yamaha has done in developing a world class, always in style bike. And as MikeN02 stated, I love having a "rare" bike. I have only seen one other one in a different city. That's just my two cents.

DakinechicK

Thanks all.
I do not, for one, care what people think about me and the things that I love...but the fact of the matter is, when I try to discuss my bike to other sportbike riders, they don't take me seriously and it is very hard for me to conversate with them. I, by no means, think they are better than me or care, but I hate having to defend something that I shouldn't have to. I look at anyone on a bike and think "hey, good for them out riding!" I just get frustrated with the idiots and their small d*** and their big talk. More just aggravation towards these people than caring what they think of me. Just wanted to point out what I'm experiencing lately with douchebags and wondered if I was the only one. That is all.

vitrox

i have a fz6r, r1, and s1000rr, i don't bash any other bikes. To each his own, ride what you like and what you can handle.

elishatarvin

We get it. It's good to vent now and then. Next time someone says something though, just slowly walk over to your bike, throw your gear on in a calm, collected manner, fire up the engine and pop a wheelie as you cruise by them. Then their small d**** will get even smaller.

motomc2

+1 Vitrox. I don't think.....

I have ever ridden a bike I didn't enjoy. Even minibikes are fun! My riding buddy of many years owns 3 bikes also (1 of which is a zx1400) and wants to add a "super" scooter to his stable.

Last edited:

redwing-2001

Thanks all.
I do not, for one, care what people think about me and the things that I love...but the fact of the matter is, when I try to discuss my bike to other sportbike riders, they don't take me seriously and it is very hard for me to conversate with them. I, by no means, think they are better than me or care, but I hate having to defend something that I shouldn't have to. I look at anyone on a bike and think "hey, good for them out riding!" I just get frustrated with the idiots and their small d*** and their big talk. More just aggravation towards these people than caring what they think of me. Just wanted to point out what I'm experiencing lately with douchebags and wondered if I was the only one. That is all.
A good portion of the motorcycle riding community that I associate with are, of course, motorcycle safety instructors. These men and women know how to ride and have their pulse on the industry. Whenever I ride my FZ6R they practically form a line and want to test ride it. After they ride it, the comments are always favorable. I live near the Smoky Mountains and have taken the FZ6R up there several times and it handles very well - all day long, comfortably.
But, like so many have said, who cares what others think. I personally really don't care what you ride, as long as you ride... safely within your limits. The other forum comments are kind of "high-schoolish". I guess that is why I like this forum so much - it is very un-like a lot of other forums. By that I mean it is very helpful, encouraging and positive. The discussions are good, often lively but always respectful of others opinions. Perhaps your participation in the other forums are not worthy of your time.

icestorm

It cant be too bad i was on a long solo ride and pulled up at a rest stop, to drain the main vein.
And while i was in there heard a ute slow right down and stop on the road.
They took off as they seen me walking back out towards the bike.
There was also some old guy there in a 4wd looked to be having a feed at a nearby table.
The look he gave me after the ute took off ,made me think that the people in the ute wern't just admiring it but contemplating stealing it.

ry-mac75

Meh - who cares? It's a great commuter, it can keep up fine with the big boys (as long as you're riding within the legal limits), it's fun and kind of a hot looking bike. Not everyone NEEDS to go 3,000 miles per hour on two wheels.

Superzoom

I think it's a good thing when the poseurs criticize our bike. It immediately identifies them as the poseurs, snobs, ignoramuses, elitists, and inferiority-complex-ridden, immature people that they are. Then I just stop talking to them.

I've gotten many sincere compliments on my bike, from all sorts of people, some riders and some not. Those are the people whose opinions I respect and care about. Those are the people I want to talk to.

It's sad to watch a poser keep upgrading to impress others, until he can't ride his own bike to even 50% of its potential.

I am very, very secure in my choice of the FZ6R as my bike. I may someday get another bike, but it will be for personal reasons, not to impress someone else.

Last edited:

Superzoom

1990 cbr 600 f

Here's something I found pretty interesting...

Just looked up the specs on a 1990 CBR 600F, and it had a 461 lbs. curb weight and 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds. Those stats are almost identical to our FZ6R's (466 lbs., 3.8 sec.). And this was on a bike which was cutting edge in 1990. No one would dis a CBR 600 in 1990.

It just goes to show that the people who dis the FZ6R think spec sheets are more important than real world performance. The FZ6R is plenty of bike for 98% of riders. The other 2% of riders who can safely push a sport bike to 9/10ths of its potential will need the extra power.

You can't ride a spec sheet.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Model ID
Manufacturer (Make) Honda
Model Name CBR 600 F
Year 1990
Category(class) Sport
Engine
Engine Capacity (Displacement) 598 ccm (36.49 cubic inches)
Engine Type inline, 4 cylinders
Bore x Stroke Ø63.0 mm x 48.0 mm (Ø2.48 inches x 1.89 inches)
Bore/Stroke Ratio 1.31
Stroke 4
Valves per Cylinder 4
Timing System DOHC
Cooling System Liquid
Powertrain
Gearbox 6 speed
Chassis/Suspension/Brakes
Front Brakes Dual disc
Rear Brakes Single disc
Front Tire 110/80-17
Rear Tire 130/80-17
Dimensions
Curb Weight 209 kg (461 lb)
Fuel Capacity 16.5 litres (4.36 gallons)
Performance
Max Power 93.00 HP (67.9 kW) at 11000 RPM
Power/Weight Ratio 0.44 Hp/Kg
Top Speed 227 km/h (141mph)
Acceleration (dart, speedup) time
0-100 km/h 4 seconds
0-60 mph 3.8 seconds

Roaddawg

My buddy has a yellow Ducati 1098...an awesome bike. He's a real good rider and does track days. He said that last weekend he when for a leisurely ride up in the mountains and was just too uncomfortable to enjoy it. He tells me he's gonna sell it and he's looking at the 6R or VFR, because of the comfort. I was shocked, being that he's very much a sprotbike guy.

2w05thletes

A 130/80-17 !?!? :eek: :eek: Times sure have changed.

Stephenfz6r

I once heard someone ask another guy "what was the best car in the world", while the guy was thinking, the first guy answered for him "it's the one you like".

As for others bashing 6Rs, if someone has never tried something, their opinion is not worth much.:)

:Sport:

k6gad

I agree my friend. My buddy has a GXSR-750 and he was giving me **** about the FZ6R, how it's a middle weight bike and how it's slow etc... I then reminded him that he paid 3,500.00 more for his machine, plus his insurance is 2,000.00 a year (my insurance, 504.00 a year) Is all the money worth 40 more mph! along with quicker acceleration? Any idiot with money can buy whatever they want. Doesn't make them better then anyone!!! It's all about the rider and his/her skill! It doesn't take skill to go fast in a straight line or buy a super sport bike!

I have 6 years of riding experience... I could have bought any bike I wanted. However I chose the 6R for three main reasons: 1. Price tag 2. Insurance 3. Comfort. I have never judged anyone for what they are riding... I always respect that person for being on two wheels...
WELL SAID!! I've been riding since I was 10 years old and that was almost 40 years ago and have ridden and owned a lot of different bikes including super sport types and this bike is a great compromise. That is the key word here...EVERY bike is a compromise between performance, comfort, handling, appearance, and cost. Every individual has to prioritize which is important to him or her and make an educated choice. Frankly I find the 6R a delight to ride, I can have a spirited ride through the twisties and still stay on it all day and not feel like the old may I am at the end, LOL! Gary

catchy name

there really is no need to dis any bike. those that do are really dissin the owner also. some people ride for a status symbol and other ride as a way of life and love. ( for the thrill as well as the people associated in the mc community.) good people unite and ride together. no matter what race,creed,bike ect ect.. some people just dont get it. . and prolly never will... sorry for the rant.
fact is this bike offers more then any super bike. and we have more options. its an all around great bike. from price to function.

Detrich

i have a fz6r, r1, and s1000rr, i don't bash any other bikes. To each his own, ride what you like and what you can handle.
Vitrox>. What are the service costs & insurance costs like for the S1000RR? Thanks for sharing...

Spunky99

Why does it seem that on every sportbike forum, people just bash the FZ6R? I mean, I don't really care what people think of the bike I ride, but my gosh...it's kind of overwhelming when people just rag on you and your bike. Did I miss something?? :mad:
Dang...this morning I had one of those 1/2 tom U-Haul pickup trucks try to race me off the line.....I won.....he he he

ry-mac75

Christ on a cracker - that's a lot of hardware! Good for you.

Jet A

I thought the same thing ry-mac, and hes in Alaska too!

I thought we had a short season in Southern Ont.:eek:

Cheers