Yamaha's comfort seat

I got a real deal on the seat when I got my bike. I have had my comfort seat on the bike with in the first week or so of having the bike. I will have to ride my bike and then change to seat to get a good feel for the two seats. I dont even rembemer what the factory seat feels like.

How does the seat feel? I am about to buy a new seat very soon!

I like it. I have not got a chance to ride with the factory seat yet. It has been raining and very windy the last few days. I will get back with more thoughts about the two seat as soon i can.

Any updates?

Does anyone have any idea what the circle that appears to be in the padding is? It shows up in every picture I've seen of this seat and I'm curious if it is a flaw, or serves a purpose. Is it in every seat or just the few I've seen?

Might be a gel pad in a pinch area.

I have road the last 3 day with the factory seat. I forgot how soft it is. At first i thought this seat is better then the comfort seat. As time went on my but started to hurt. I think the seat is to soft. The gel seat is firmer. On long ride the comfort seat is much better then the factor seat. Is is wort the money, I guess it is. Now their is other seats out to try. Not sure why my comfort seat has a ring on it. Itwas like that the day i got it. Not sure if the all have the ring mark on them. I am switching back to the comfort seat for sure.

I don't have the seat. But I'm guessing the circles are right under the "sit bones" which is exactly where I have pain trouble after long rides on bumpy roads. I'm definitely looking for a good deal on the seat since I can't control the numbers of pot holes.

This is a first post! Just bought a Blue One. I wanted to get the optional seat but the dealer checked with the warehouse and it is on back order and not expected till July. So I passed on that I did order the clear windscreen. The parts guy told me a lot of dealers show stuff on thier site but don't actually have it in stock he said when ordering on line ask if it is actually in stock.

This is a first post! Just bought a Blue One. I wanted to get the optional seat but the dealer checked with the warehouse and it is on back order and not expected till July. So I passed on that I did order the clear windscreen. The parts guy told me a lot of dealers show stuff on thier site but don't actually have it in stock he said when ordering on line ask if it is actually in stock.

Always a good rule of thumb. Working for an online retailer I know all to well how sites operate. Ask if it's in stock and if there's a shipping delay. Many retailers advertise in stock. They will tell you...yes it is in stock, in our offsite warehouse, which results in an additional 3 day delay for shipping.

It's IN STOCK THOUGH!

So any new updates on the comfort seat. With my 3000k mile ride to arizona coming up in a few months I need to get going on a seat. By the way for the guy that said try the spandex cycling shorts under your riding pants or jeans, I would advise no one to do this! I must have sweat more and wanted to get off the bike every change I got while wearing those stupid things! They were comfortable for about 20 miles then things started to get abit damp down south and I could feel the monkey butt :spank: coming on faster than just wearing boxers and jeans. All in all, dont buy spandex biker shorts unless thats all your going to wear!

So any new updates on the comfort seat. With my 3000k mile ride to arizona coming up in a few months I need to get going on a seat. By the way for the guy that said try the spandex cycling shorts under your riding pants or jeans, I would advise no one to do this! I must have sweat more and wanted to get off the bike every change I got while wearing those stupid things! They were comfortable for about 20 miles then things started to get abit damp down south and I could feel the monkey butt :spank: coming on faster than just wearing boxers and jeans. All in all, dont buy spandex biker shorts unless thats all your going to wear!

HAHA, that's pretty funny! I haven't had trouble with mine. When I start to feel soggy, I usually just spread my legs away from tank and the wind dries me out fairly well. :eek:

Man, you know I tried that, even tried standing up and riding hoping the wind would help dry me out, but nothing was working! It must have been the almost 100% humidity going on or something!

Man, you know I tried that, even tried standing up and riding hoping the wind would help dry me out, but nothing was working! It must have been the almost 100% humidity going on or something!

A friend once recommended talcum powder... apparently it helps a lot for that sort of uh... dampness :cool:

88941100017_450x450_a.jpg

Save your money and get an Airhawk cushion. It is perfect, portable and you can keep it for your next bike.

Back