Yamaha's 2010 Lineup

Root Down

While perusing Yamaha's US site I see that they have updated their sportbike models for the 2010 year. I also noticed that the FZ6 and the R6s are not in the lineup. Are they doing away with those models, or do they have yet to be released?

On a side note, the new FZ6R color schemes look pretty sweet! I'm really liking that Raven with gold wheels. I may have bought a Raven bike had it looked like that last year, although I'm pretty happy I got the only year of Cadmium available for the FZ6R. I'm curious how that will affect the resale value.

fstrthan_uthink

Well, economics tells me they've done away with those models probably due to the (minimal) price difference between the FZ6 and FZ6R, and R6s and R6.

I like the new Raven with the gold wheels as well, but good color choice on the yellow, only time will tell what difference in resale value (if any) there will be.

cbzdel

RZ350 Rider

While perusing Yamaha's US site I see that they have updated their sportbike models for the 2010 year. I also noticed that the FZ6 and the R6s are not in the lineup. Are they doing away with those models, or do they have yet to be released?

On a side note, the new FZ6R color schemes look pretty sweet! I'm really liking that Raven with gold wheels. I may have bought a Raven bike had it looked like that last year, although I'm pretty happy I got the only year of Cadmium available for the FZ6R. I'm curious how that will affect the resale value.
Same here. I had planned to replace my decals with the original yellow Yamaha Competition color scheme that was recently posted, the one that matched my Kenny Roberts Edition RZ350. Now I plan on leaving the stock ones intact. Besides if I wanna ride a bike with a color scheme like that I can just ride my RZ. I really am interested in the center stand that will be available. I might not leave it attached all the time, but it'd be nice to have for maintenance and it's only two bolts to attach.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Yone

I do plan on getting an R6 eventually. (A few years down the road probably.) As long as my neck and back can handle the riding position. I like the new black R6 and the white one looks awesome. But the blue leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
Yes - that white R6 is awesome! I just couldn't do that bent over riding position, which is the whole reason I got the FZ6R...

Root Down

Yes - that white R6 is awesome! I just couldn't do that bent over riding position, which is the whole reason I got the FZ6R...
I'm with you on that! I love the look of the R6 and I'm sure I'd love the power, but that riding position has to be a killer. I was thinking I might eventually upgrade to the R6S but now that appears to be dead and gone. I suffer from bike envy too much, I'm sure I enjoy the FZ6R much more than I would the R6 or R6S.

JonKerr

Elite Member

tractorboy

Same here on riding position! main reason bought it....thats why I find it funny I see some FZ6R ers are looking or LOWER stance bars!! But to each his own!

It would be no fun if we all had the same bike!! Bit I love the riding position...

My back hurts just reading about the R6's......they are cool!!

Im awed no Yellow.....around here each dealer has sold their yellows before they even came in!!!! Oh well....The red seat pops on the white though....

jdesiano1

I think they screwed up with the 2010 line up. the white and pink looks plain and the white and red looks hideous with that seat color. JMO

njdan

I just looked on the Yamaha website and the Raven with the gold rims is hot now i wish i waited and I would have jumped on that one. It has black front forks and a black rear suspension shock.

The new black R6 does look great! I'm not into the new black R1 though! The 09 black with the red highlights looks mean as Hell though!

Azeo6R

WOW, the white 6R with the red seat and gold wheels? The red of the seat and the red of the accent paint don't even match! IMO ugly as hell...the raven with black forks and rear spring with the gold wheels on the other hand, wow thats sexy, i'd trade ol' blue for that :)

llervero

I think they screwed up with the 2010 line up. the white and pink looks plain and the white and red looks hideous with that seat color. JMO
I think the white and red looks sick good.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Craxican

well...it won't be for awhile, but when it is time to go up in size, i'm going straight to the big boys...zx14, busa, cbr1000rr...i like the r1s...but for the price of one i could get a zx14...even used or last years model!:eek: An aprilia would be nice too...but i think i'll stay away from the Italian stallions:surrender:

as for the 2010 lineup on the yammies...wish the r1 did come in more colors...the r6 is AWESOME...fz1 will always hold a special place...now the fz6r...all i can say about that is the black is nice,but you cant get the yellow anymore and i got one:cool:...red SCREAMS "look at me" (take that how you want to)...white was better in 09 and blue will always be Yamaha colors (take that how you want to too lol)

xplodnstar

Mrs.

Use it as a trade in! ;) I'm not a commuter on my motorcycle. I drive a company car as a sales rep. Couldn't commute if I wanted to. So why keep this bike if I'm getting another one for the same rides? But I'm in the same boat. The wife has to get a new car before I get ANYTHING else new. She's never had a new car. She's always had hand me downs. Both from me and her family before. So it's her turn.
You could always give her one more and get her out riding. :p

JonKerr

Elite Member

mchury

i honestly didnt like any of the 10 yamaha line up. i mean they are nice but nothing really jumps out at me. i personally am glad i got the bike i got, when i got it